• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired O-Rings for McGizmo, Mac, Dark Sucks

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

I have some o-rings available for you in the event you would like to replace worn rings on your Custom lights, or to change compounds to one that suits your needs better. Below there is a chart from an online vendor that compares the strengths and weaknesses of various compounds for your reference.

Important Notes:

**** The 017 rings fit McGizmos current 3S Clicky Paks (head/body joint) and also fit the PD lights (head/body joint), and in my test of my Tri EDC they also fit Mac's EDC lights (head/body joint).

**** McG installs EPDM rings on current Clicky Paks, but you may want a different compound if your choice of lube or your environment does not play well with the EPDM. The silicone rings below are the red ones that Don had on the PD lights, so if you want it to look the same when you remove the head, those will look and perform as the stock rings did.

**** The flourosilicone rings below will fit the Dark Sucks Alpha. 016 (tail cap ring) and 018 (body ring). They look slightly different, a bit more of a dull blue than the bright blue from Jason, but they are flourosilicone as he uses. I tested them on my Alpha and they seemed to fit just fine despite looking a bit different.

Prices: There will be a $2.50 base price to cover shipping costs and materials and fees. Then add the cost of the o-rings you want based on the prices below. Post your order and total and I will PM you my PP address. Please be patient as it make take a day or two to get these in the mail; I have a full schedule as I am sure all of you do. :huh: Thanks! NOTE: O-rings will no longer be sent to overseas addresses, as the shipping is prohibitively expensive for the low value of the items; sorry about that.

#017 O-rings
Buna-N...........$0.10 ea............Qty: 90
Viton...............0.15 ea.............Qty: 34
PTFE................0.75 ea............Qty: Sold Out
EPDM...............0.10 ea.............Qty: Sold Out
Silicone............0.15 ea.............Qty: Sold Out

Flourosilicone.........$1.00 ea.........Qty: Sold Out

Flourosilicone..........$1.20.............Qty: Sold Out

j05oringsd1gis.png

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Updated OP with available quantities and also added this notice:

Attn: I will be out of town for work until 7/25/13, so no orders will be processed during that time. If there are any questions or comments I will still be able to respond, I just won't be home to ship rings until 7/25. Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks donn. :)

Here is some additional info from Bernie's FAQ if it is helpful to anyone:

O-Ring and screw sizes as well as assorted parts for various McGizmo lights

XR-19 Head:
Window seal - #019 EPDM (or the GID silicone)
Head to pak seal - #017 Silicone (red)

C pak:
Boot Seal O-ring - #016 Silicone (red)
Boot & Seal Retaining O-ring - #113 EPDM

XR27 & S27 Head:
Window Seal O-ring - 2 x 22 mm Buna (Nitrile)
Window retaining O-ring - #025 EPDM
Head to pak Seal - #017 Silicone (red)

27LT & 27LT-S head:
Window Seal - #023 EPDM
2x head to Pak seal - #017 Silicone

PD Piston:
Piston to sleeve seal - #015 Silicone (use #016 for added protection but stiffer activation)

PD head:
Window Seal O-ring - #019 EPDM
Head to sleeve seal O-ring - #017 Silicone

Mule head:
Window seal O-ring - #017
Window retaining O-ring - #018

Aleph Mule Head:
Sealing O-Ring (under the window) - #017 EPDM
Retaining O-Ring - #018 EPDM
Window: mineral glass watch crystal 20.0 mm x 1mm thick

Aleph McClickie-Pack:
Head O-Ring - #017
Switch assambly - #113 EPDM retaining O-ring and #016 silicone O-ring
Clip screws - #4-40x316 stainless steel and they require a 1/16" hex wrench or driver

LS20:
the window is between two #019 EPDM O-rings
the piston and head/ sleeve O-rings are silicone (#016 & #017 respectively)

If you have a situation where a "dash" size O-ring of 1/16" is a bit too thin, you may find a metric, 2 mm thick O-ring that can fix the problem. That is what I ran into with the Ti 27 heads.

donn_

Flashaholic
PTFE seemed to be excellent with many lubes.

PTFE (think Teflon) will frequently require no lube at all. It's an extremely slick material all by itself. An ultra-thin coating of nano-oil will probably be plenty.

I'm fixing to try a hard PTFE ring on The Fraz QTC light. It's just as waterproof and has far more lubricity than any other o-ring material. I'll order them from McMaster Carr tomorrow morning, and have them on Tuesday.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey guys, I am back in town. :wave:

Hope the PTFE rings show up soon. :popcorn:

Two less 018 flourosilicone rings available as I found a good use for them myself. :naughty:

sw0h.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
If I just put them in a regular letter envelope and send them First Class to Singapore, it's pretty cheap, a little over a dollar it looks like. I don't know how long to get there but I doubt you want to pay $23 to get $2 worth of o-ring in 5 days, haha. So if you're fine with the slow method the regular base fee should cover it.

Austin, I will set one aside for you. When will I see you next? You can txt me or something.

nbp

Flashaholic
I only have 8 of the 018 rings. 1 is claimed by megatrowned, 5 by benchiew, and plaguem wanted 2. I have to confirm with plaguem that he still wants those. If so that is all of them.

I will get back to you on those Frank. The 017s I have loads of so no worries on those.

nbp

Flashaholic
Ben you can send $8.50 to the same PP address as before. PM me your mailing address please. :)