Gear to help you conquer!

Thread: Older Surefire models

Buttrock Older Surefire models

I was looking at one of my old surefire catalogs , and started wondering if anyone has any of the digital fusion series lights ,or maybe digital series m2d centurion nice to see some pics

Default Re: Older Surefire models

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird13 View Post
    I was looking at one of my old surefire catalogs , and started wondering if anyone has any of the digital fusion series lights ,or maybe digital series m2d centurion nice to see some pics
    I do believe there is one very lucky member on here with a M2D proto type.
    The M2D never made it to production only a few proto types was made. They did this a lot. They would put new models in the catalog but than change their minds.
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

OK here you go I was very lucky to purchase this about a year ago I think.

WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

What is that, Rat? A two-stage, regulated incandescent?
    "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

She's a beauty.
    Do you have her in the post your rare/unusual SF thread?
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Lovely light !

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    OK here you go I was very lucky to purchase this about a year ago
    I did missed this by a whisker

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by socom1970 View Post
    What is that, Rat? A two-stage, regulated incandescent?
    It's a two step output xenon. The tailcap is not a clicky soft press low hard press high.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    She's a beauty.
    Do you have her in the post your rare/unusual SF thread?
    I think I would have. You know me I don't mind posting a image or two

Quote Originally Posted by Silgt View Post
    I did missed this by a whisker
    The good old days Silgt. I purchased this days after the sale thread started if I remember correctly. Can you imagine this light sticking around for that long these days
    I think you scored a Monster Head DEF light in that sale am I right ? While I got you Silgt how about posting some pics of your cool collection I know you have many sweet Surefire lights.

Last edited by Rat; 07-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Flashaholic

Default Older Surefire models

I have seen the M2D at the display area over the dealer in Hong Kong. They have some cool models for display if my memory serve me correctly !

Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    I have seen the M2D at the display area over the dealer in Hong Kong. They have some cool models for display if my memory serve me correctly !
    is this a recent thing or did you see the M2D a long time ago? I can't imagine any would be kept out in display haha
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Buttrock Re: Older Surefire models

Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one , too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO . even go back to making some of the accessories like turbo heads , different tail caps swo1 swo2 . Ooooo Surefire what has happened to u

Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one , too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO . even go back to making some of the accessories like turbo heads , different tail caps swo1 swo2 . Ooooo Surefire what has happened to u
    Thanks mate I have been very lucky to have had the chance to purchase these rare lights. I look at me being just the current caretaker of these lights. They have had many looking after them in the past and I am sure there will be many more people doing it in the future.

Here is some more info

Wow, a rare and interesting SureFire, indeed! Wish I had the resources to acquire special pieces of SF's history like this M2D. Thanks to Blackbird13 for asking, and thanks for sharing, Rat. Question(s): any pictures of the front of the light? What kind of xenon bulb: a P61, or something special?

Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one
    Yeah, my sentiments too!

... too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO ...
    I'd like to take a shot at addressing this statement, if I may: I think they did do their research - they saw that the LEDs were coming, which may be the reason why out of all that R&D they must've poured into regulating incandescents, only the incan-LED hybrid A2 made it to production.

Quote Originally Posted by Machete God View Post
    I'd like to take a shot at addressing this statement, if I may: I think they did do their research - they saw that the LEDs were coming, which may be the reason why out of all that R&D they must've poured into regulating incandescents, only the incan-LED hybrid A2 made it to production.
    you know I never thought about that and I'm betting you're right
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I guess I need to be a little more clear with my statements . I was more or less speaking of the body style of the newer lights . Y'all know what I'm talking about, that's why a light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen . I think they had more character to them is all

Quote Originally Posted by Machete God View Post
    Wow, a rare and interesting SureFire, indeed! Wish I had the resources to acquire special pieces of SF's history like this M2D. Thanks to Blackbird13 for asking, and thanks for sharing, Rat. Question(s): any pictures of the front of the light? What kind of xenon bulb: a P61, or something special?
    I will take some pic's of it pulled down for you as soon as I can. I have a little to much on at the moment with work.

cheers

Hey there rat I was wondering , what is your avatar picture of it looks like pk's initials very cool

Hey there rat I was wondering , what is your avatar picture of it looks like pk's initials very cool
    It's the head of the "photon king 1" with Paul Kim's initials on the side.

From memory it's an M6, with a massive head (like a 4"-5"ish reflector) with a 5w Luxeon in it
    a very very rare bit of SF/CPF history
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Some more oldie but goodies that's what I'm talking about

Ech063 is spot on. I am very lucky to own this light.
    You can read all about it here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?357518-Surefire-PK-amp-CPF-History-in-one-important-light

I guess I need to be a little more clear with my statements . I was more or less speaking of the body style of the newer lights . Y'all know what I'm talking about, that's why a light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen . I think they had more character to them is all
    I think an SF "light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen" sells for is mainly because of the collectible value and scarceness of the ten year old light, not because we feel that one looks better than the other. I know it may be sacrilegious for some, but I actually like the looks of some of the newer models. That said, I agree with you - I think the older lights had more character to them. But perhaps with age comes character! Who is to say that the unpopular and discontinued S2 Stratum model won't be selling for more than the price of a 5000 lumen SF light in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I will take some pic's of it pulled down for you as soon as I can. I have a little to much on at the moment with work.

cheers
    No hurry, and much obliged, Rat.

Cheers!