Older Surefire models

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I was looking at one of my old surefire catalogs , and started wondering if anyone has any of the digital fusion series lights ,or maybe digital series m2d centurion nice to see some pics

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at one of my old surefire catalogs , and started wondering if anyone has any of the digital fusion series lights ,or maybe digital series m2d centurion nice to see some pics

I do believe there is one very lucky member on here with a M2D proto type.
The M2D never made it to production only a few proto types was made. They did this a lot. They would put new models in the catalog but than change their minds.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK here you go I was very lucky to purchase this about a year ago I think.

M2D800_zps54bd04ba.jpg

M2Dbottom800_zps1e17197a.jpg

:wave:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is that, Rat? A two-stage, regulated incandescent?:eek:oo:

It's a two step output xenon. The tailcap is not a clicky soft press low hard press high.

She's a beauty.
Do you have her in the post your rare/unusual SF thread?

I think I would have. You know me I don't mind posting a image or two :laughing:

I did missed this by a whisker :D

The good old days Silgt. I purchased this days after the sale thread started if I remember correctly. Can you imagine this light sticking around for that long these days :shakehead
I think you scored a Monster Head DEF light in that sale am I right ? While I got you Silgt how about posting some pics of your cool collection I know you have many sweet Surefire lights.

Last edited:

cubebike

Enlightened
I have seen the M2D at the display area over the dealer in Hong Kong. They have some cool models for display if my memory serve me correctly !

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen the M2D at the display area over the dealer in Hong Kong. They have some cool models for display if my memory serve me correctly !

is this a recent thing or did you see the M2D a long time ago? I can't imagine any would be kept out in display haha

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one , too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO . even go back to making some of the accessories like turbo heads , different tail caps swo1 swo2 . Ooooo Surefire what has happened to u

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one , too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO . even go back to making some of the accessories like turbo heads , different tail caps swo1 swo2 . Ooooo Surefire what has happened to u

Thanks mate I have been very lucky to have had the chance to purchase these rare lights. I look at me being just the current caretaker of these lights. They have had many looking after them in the past and I am sure there will be many more people doing it in the future.

Here is some more info

M2Dcat_zps1c825abd.jpg

m2ddraw800_zpsfd6dd72b.jpg

Machete God

Enlightened
Wow, a rare and interesting SureFire, indeed! Wish I had the resources to acquire special pieces of SF's history like this M2D. Thanks to Blackbird13 for asking, and thanks for sharing, Rat. Question(s): any pictures of the front of the light? What kind of xenon bulb: a P61, or something special?

Rat u have many awesome lights I will keep looking and maybe one day end up owning a few similar one
Yeah, my sentiments too!

... too bad the didn't make it to production if they only had the sense enough to do some research and see what styles people are interested in like some of theses older ones IMO ...
I'd like to take a shot at addressing this statement, if I may: I think they did do their research - they saw that the LEDs were coming, which may be the reason why out of all that R&D they must've poured into regulating incandescents, only the incan-LED hybrid A2 made it to production.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to take a shot at addressing this statement, if I may: I think they did do their research - they saw that the LEDs were coming, which may be the reason why out of all that R&D they must've poured into regulating incandescents, only the incan-LED hybrid A2 made it to production.
you know I never thought about that and I'm betting you're right

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I guess I need to be a little more clear with my statements . I was more or less speaking of the body style of the newer lights . Y'all know what I'm talking about, that's why a light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen . I think they had more character to them is all

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a rare and interesting SureFire, indeed! Wish I had the resources to acquire special pieces of SF's history like this M2D. Thanks to Blackbird13 for asking, and thanks for sharing, Rat. Question(s): any pictures of the front of the light? What kind of xenon bulb: a P61, or something special?

I will take some pic's of it pulled down for you as soon as I can. I have a little to much on at the moment with work.

cheers

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there rat I was wondering , what is your avatar picture of it looks like pk's initials very cool
It's the head of the "photon king 1" with Paul Kim's initials on the side.

From memory it's an M6, with a massive head (like a 4"-5"ish reflector) with a 5w Luxeon in it
a very very rare bit of SF/CPF history