Collecting ONLY Vintage Dynamo Flashlights

vladman

Newly Enlightened
Hi:
I'm new here and I want to make contact with people who collects only Dyanamo Flashlights, (pre 1976).
I have over 50 different flashlights and the collection is growing. I think over the years no more than 80 different models were made. Anyway, would be nice to share stories and photos with this comunity.

Thanks, Vladimir

Swede74

Enlightened
Hello Vladimir, and welcome to the forum.

I don't collect dynamo flashlights so unfortunately I can't offer much in return, but I would very much like to see some photos of your collection, if you would like to share. I think others would be interested too, even though most members here probably don't focus on dynamo flashlights exclusively.

LowLumen

Newly Enlightened
I have one of those like Romanko, but it has a rectangular reflector. Inside is identical generator. I found it at a thrift store in California.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you know more about this one?

Was given to me by my German father in law and he thinks it predates WWII. I have no idea.

img6185mediumc.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Maybe you know more about this one?

This looks similar.

9340123330_be996562f6_o.jpg

In 1943, Philips shed some light on its business with the Dynamo Flashlight, the world's first hand-powered consumer product. During the Second World War, the use of energy was severely restricted, so this torch flew off shelves. But thanks to the whining sound it made when used, Dynamo quickly got the nickname knijpkat in the Netherlands, meaning "squeezed cat."

Searching knijpkat brings up better images than searching dynamo flashlight.
Norm

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Vladimir, and welcome to the forum.

I don't collect dynamo flashlights so unfortunately I can't offer much in return, but I would very much like to see some photos of your collection, if you would like to share. I think others would be interested too, even though most members here probably don't focus on dynamo flashlights exclusively.

+1
I would like to see images of them. Maybe I can learn a thing or two.
:)

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Norm,

Still haven't found any info on that particular looking light though. Will keep searching.

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
Wonderful! I love the practical and mechanical aspects of those. Would like to see all of them!

vladman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the enquiries, I have to figure out how to upload photos! any tips?
Vladimir

vladman

Newly Enlightened
I'm still trying to figure out how to attach a photo. I've tried to follow the directions in the FAQ but what they say should be there on the screen is not! I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how to do this.

vladman

Newly Enlightened
Is the only way to post photos on this forum through flickr or another web photo storage system? I want to simply upload photos from my computer. Is that not possible? This is very frustrating, because I really want to show you my flashlights!

Thanks Vladimir

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
Is the only way to post photos on this forum through flickr or another web photo storage system? I want to simply upload photos from my computer. Is that not possible? This is very frustrating, because I really want to show you my flashlights!

Thanks Vladimir

Hey Vladimir,
From one Ukrainian to another Ukrainian (I assume), the answer is yes.

Welcome to the forum, and many would like to see your lights, including myself.

I still cannot post an image, but honestly I have not gave it much effort. If you search here there are many threads showing how, and many claiming it is easy.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?62490-Posting-pictures

vladman

Newly Enlightened

Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy collecting dynamo flashlights!

Vladimir

__philippe

Enlightened
Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy collecting dynamo flashlights!

Vladimir

No doubt, Vlad,...but we might enjoy your pictures even better once you have fixed the broken URL's...;)

Cheers,

__philippe

1. Forget about Flicker.
2. Upload your pics instead to http://tinypic.com
No registration required (initially), no hassle, works like a breeze
3. Paste tinypic's "Direct Link for Layouts" URL into CPF's "insert image" box (tree icon).

Done.

Last edited:

__philippe

Enlightened
Waiting for Vlad's very own pics collection, here is a classic in the genre,
to whet your appetite:

2vxkqya.jpg

WWII-vintage Braun Manulux hand dynamo light

Length: 101 mm
Height: 57 mm (handle retracted)
Height: 74 mm (handle extended)
Depth: 31 mm
Bezel diameter: 28 mm
Shell material: Bakelite

They still turn up on eBay from time to time
Fetching anywhere between $35.00 to $75.00, depending on condition.

Cheers,

__philippe

Last edited: