HDS Systems
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

Flashaholic*

Default Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

Out on Surefire website: http://surefire.stage.guidance.com/i.../p3x-fury.html
    They just released the Eb2 as well! Way to go Surefire!

Default Re: Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

It was a good day to check out CPF. Wonder if they'll make a nitrolon version?
    Last edited by KeyGrip; 07-22-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Nice! What do you guys guess... an XML2?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
    Nice! What do you guys guess... an XML2?
    I'd reckon that's a good guess. I can sense an update to the M3LT/UB3T incoming in the near future.

Big ouch. I want one. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by FPSRelic View Post
    I'd reckon that's a good guess. I can sense an update to the M3LT/UB3T incoming in the near future.
    I'm suddenly expecting a 2,000 lumen M6LT. Hehehe. I'd love to see how well regulation holds up, though. Shouldn't be too bad I suppose? Considering that the UB3T holds its 800 lumens quite well.

Ahhh... and I sure hope that twin 17500's in this sucker won't be an issue. It could very well replace my LX2 as my work light.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkem View Post
    Out on Surefire website ...
    This is not Surefire's website!

This is staging/preview/demo page hosted by the website design firm guidance.com. These are most likely the people who do Surefire's web design and you are most likely linking an internal preview meant for client eyes (eg, Mr John Matthews) only.
    Last edited by parametrek; 07-23-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine in existence: parametrek.com
    27 brands, 792 models and still growing!

Check out the P3X's claimed 'tactical runtime' of 60 hours.

Out on Surefire website: http://surefire.stage.guidance.com/i.../p3x-fury.html
    They just released the Eb2 as well! Way to go Surefire!
    You say they just released the EB2 as well but I don't see the EB2 anywhere on the Surefire website?

How did you guys get information on a staging site? Google?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig K View Post
    You say they just released the EB2 as well but I don't see the EB2 anywhere on the Surefire website?
    http://surefire.stage.guidance.com/i...b2-backup.html
    “Videre Nec Videri”

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by parametrek View Post
    This is not Surefire's website!

This is staging/preview/demo page hosted by the website design firm guidance.com. These are most likely the people who do Surefire's web design and you are most likely linking an internal preview meant for client eyes (eg, Mr John Matthews) only.

I noticed that the link shows the "guidance" in the name, but I pulled direct from surefire website last night. Seems it has been removed from their main flashlight page now, but it was there last night and would expect it to return very soon.

the link doesn't appear to work anymore

what'd y'all see? is it a basically an extended P2X? 3x CR123?

threads like this are exactly why I've been considering removing my email from the newsletter subscription by Surefire because I always hear/see these lights on CPF well in advance haha.... and I like it!

edit: I'd disagree this was meant for one person's eyes only. if it was, then they could've password protected the page, sent a mockup/preview of it through email, hosted the page on private/internal servers, etc. They may've pulled it because of inaccuracies or perhaps someone jumped the gun in making the page public.

they could also have just restricted viewing to IP addresses belonging to Surefire offices, etc. :/
    Last edited by tobrien; 07-23-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    the link doesn't appear to work anymore

what'd y'all see? is it a basically an extended P2X? 3x CR123?

threads like this are exactly why I've been considering removing my email from the newsletter subscription by Surefire because I always hear/see these lights on CPF well in advance haha.... and I like it!

edit: I'd disagree this was meant for one person's eyes only. if it was, then they could've password protected the page, sent a mockup/preview of it through email, hosted the page on private/internal servers, etc. They may've pulled it because of inaccuracies or perhaps someone jumped the gun in making the page public.

they could also have just restricted viewing to IP addresses belonging to Surefire offices, etc. :/
    PM sent.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    They may've pulled it because of inaccuracies or perhaps someone jumped the gun in making the page public.
    They pulled it because excited CPFers are swarming their phone line for a product that isn't ready to ship yet.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

I like the 3-cell design - I've been partial to 3xCR123 for a while due to its advantages in high output / high wattage applications.
    2xCR123 is having a hard time keeping up with the newer generation of lights utilizing the XM-L/etc.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Looks like the page is back up. $250 listed price.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Looks like the page is back up. $250 listed price.
    No, page is not back up, looks like this was a cached page, as I still have it as well, cached on my browser. As well as the EB2.

Flashaholic

Default Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

No, page is not back up, looks like this was a cached page, as I still have it as well, cached on my browser. As well as the EB2.
    I've never looked at that page before and I can pull it up now.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    I've never looked at that page before and I can pull it up now.
    Oops you are correct. Looks like it is back up. Just don't see it in the "flashlight list" on surefire's site.....

Flashaholic*

Trying to pull 10 watts from a regular 18650 doesn't seem wise, and Surefire went the IFR instead of ICR route.
    If only you could use 18500 instead of 17500. ICR 17500 1100mAh, IMR 18500 also 1100mAh.
    Heat sinking seems low, which could explain the somewhat high weight, but the P2X Fury is also the same.

Doesn't seem innovative at all. It is nicely derivative of the P2X Fury, so I don't see how SF can justify an extra C note. An extra $25 certainly.
    Innovative would be a Fenix TK35 style 2 rows of 2 cr123A, or 2x 18650.
    Last edited by MichaelW; 08-08-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    6.5K diving light, 5K cool-white, 4K neutral-white, 3K warm-white, 2.7K extra warm-white

typo: should be 60hrs on low and 1.5hrs tactical

Hopefully they'll correct it soon

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    It was a good day to check out CPF. Wonder if they'll make a nitrolon version?
    nitrolon can not be bored. when I get my P3X it is going straight to Precision Works to be bored for 2x 18500's!!!

P3x not available for sale yet. I'll keep looking.

If an updated UB3T just went from 800 to 100 lumens you would be hard-pressed to notice the difference I would guess.

I would want an update to 2000 lumens

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    Big ouch. I want one. Now.

I'm suddenly expecting a 2,000 lumen M6LT. Hehehe. I'd love to see how well regulation holds up, though. Shouldn't be too bad I suppose? Considering that the UB3T holds its 800 lumens quite well.
    SureFire UB3T Invictus; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical, Electrolumens EDC-P7; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2, LF2X

The P3X is another must have. XML2 maybe? I hope we can get it close to the P2X price point.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    The P3X is another must have. XML2 maybe? I hope we can get it close to the P2X price point.
    If the pricing shown on the site linked above is correct then it should be available for around $175.

I'm looking forward to this light but I'm really curious how it will handle the heat. I did some testing on the P2X Fury a couple of weeks ago and it gets hot enough, maybe even too hot for some. It makes me wonder if we won't see some sort of step-down in output as with other recent lights.

I think most folks don't want it with a strike bezel, but I'd like mine to have it.

Is it true that the variations will come in later? Or if it's not launched at the start, it won't be there?

There must be some thermal throttling going on. It would get extremely hot at 1000lm constant output with that small head. E.g. my oveready XML2 can produce over 1000lm for 40mins but you need to be holding it and it does get very hot. If you were to switch it on and set it down, it would get hot enough to burn you and possibly damage the battery. This is fine for a CPF user but not for the general public.

I hope the head unscrews easily for boring and aftermarket bodies. With the p2x fury, some will unscrew with strap-wrenches but the earlier ones just won't budge. I'd like a 2 x 18650 body.

Heat will be a problem for this light. But.... it's a Surefire, and Ive never had a stock Surefire get too hot to hold. At 1000 lumens, I agree it must have something built in like a step down to deal with the heat. Boring to 18mm with a A19 extender should be the 18650 runtime ticket for this light. 2x18500 is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post
    If the pricing shown on the site linked above is correct then it should be available for around $175.

I'm looking forward to this light but I'm really curious how it will handle the heat. I did some testing on the P2X Fury a couple of weeks ago and it gets hot enough, maybe even too hot for some. It makes me wonder if we won't see some sort of step-down in output as with other recent lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    There must be some thermal throttling going on. It would get extremely hot at 1000lm constant output with that small head. E.g. my oveready XML2 can produce over 1000lm for 40mins but you need to be holding it and it does get very hot. If you were to switch it on and set it down, it would get hot enough to burn you and possibly damage the battery. This is fine for a CPF user but not for the general public.

I hope the head unscrews easily for boring and aftermarket bodies. With the p2x fury, some will unscrew with strap-wrenches but the earlier ones just won't budge. I'd like a 2 x 18650 body.