MAHA Ultimate Professional 8-bay charger?

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
What's the scoop on this? I'm looking for something with 6-8 bays to supplement my LaCrosse because I often find myself needing more than 4 bays. I'm going to be charging standard and XX eneloops. Is this charger worth it? I don't mind spending to get a real good product.

sbbsga

Enlightened
I have been using mine every day since the first day of ownership, close to 9 months, no problem so far. But I have not used the recycling mode though, only the soft charging up till now.

Sent from mobile device.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I have been using mine every day since the first day of ownership, close to 9 months, no problem so far. But I have not used the recycling mode though, only the soft charging up till now.

Sent from mobile device.

Soft charging appears to be 700ma and the high mode is 2000ma. Is that too high?? I'm used the LaCrosse, where high is 700, and the other options are 200 and 500. I have heard and seen that it will miss the termination signal on those lower modes, but I've always thought that charging slower gives you better life out of the batteries, no?

sbbsga

Enlightened
When I charge using my MH-C9000, I follow the manual charging recommendation at 0.3C which is about 600mA for my white Eneloop AA.

Like the Nitcore i2, the charging current is 500mA. No problem with my Eneloop AA too.

I have also used the 8-bay to charge my AAA's, in soft of course. No problem as well.

You could refer to Eneloop data sheets for reference. http://www.eneloop.info/home/technology/data-sheets.html

Sent from mobile device.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Wait, so is the charging current customizable? The info I saw seemed to indicate that it only charged at 700 and 2000.

sbbsga

Enlightened
Oh sorry, the customizable one is MH-C9000, AA and AAA only.

The 700mA and 2000mA one is the 8-bay, from AAA to D.

Sent from mobile device.