Imalent
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 210

Thread: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

  1. #1
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Updated 8/21/2013 to include EB2T-TN

    Thanks to spyrish's earlier thread I was able to order and receive one of the new EB2 Backups last week. Now that I have had a few days to play around with it, I have completed my initial review of this new light. The full review can be found on FlashlightGuide.com.

    I can't say that there were a lot of surprises from the performance of the EB2 Backup. I already had a good idea of what to expect based upon my review of the E2DL Ultra and the EB2 did not disappoint. From the standpoint of light output, beam profile, and performance they are essentially the same with the major differences being in the body designs.



    Like the Ultra, the EB2 is definitely a powerful yet small light. The beam provides a wide hot spot with a ton of spill around it. The TIR rings of the past are virtually gone and are only noticeable if you plan to use the light to light up your ceiling or a nearby wall. The spill is fairly smooth and even without the dark spots (rings) found in some earlier lights. While it seems like the 500 lumen rating is the big selling point of this light, I continue to be impressed by the improvements with these latest optics. They aren't perfect and they aren't for everyone but they produce a very nice and effective beam.

    As far as tint is concerned I would describe it as slightly cool but not terribly so. In general it is much warmer than many past lights and for the most part allows for fairly good color rendition. As with other recent lights from SureFire there is a slight tint of color, particularly around the corona of the hotspot. If you look hard enough you will see some green in it but it's not an issue to me.

    The beamshot below was taken at a distance of 45 yards from the wooden swing. The garage on the left is white while the screened porch on the right is a very light blue color. The faint reddish tint seen on the garage door is the reflected glow from a street light that I tried (unsuccessfully) to block with my truck.

    You can see from the photos that the EB2 has a slightly broader spill beam due to the E2DL Ultra's crenelations blocking part of its beam.





    The width of the spill beam can be better appreciated when you compare the above shots against the SureFire Fury.



    (Edit 7/30/2013) A comparison to the EB1 gives an indication of how much brighter these new lights are.



    More beamshots and side-by-side comparisons to other lights are in the full review linked at the beginning of this post.

    As far as looks and appearance are concerned, I am very pleased with the EB2. It has a really nice matte finish which looks good and has just a tiny bit of texture which improves grip on the light.

    The EB2C in my review is finished in black . . .


    . . . and the EB2T is tan


    The finish on both lights is fairly even with only a very slight mismatch between the body and the other parts.

    With the smooth design of the EB2 it obviously doesn't provide the same amount of grip as some other lights but it was never intended to. The design is perfect for a light that is meant to easily slip into and out of a pocket. As far as usage is concerned, I normally use an overhand grip with the carry clip at the 12 o'clock position, just as I do with the LX2. When in this configuration, my fingers prevent the light from wanting to slide front or back in my hand.

    As already mentioned in other threads, the light is awfully long for a 2x123A light, measuring in at 5.8". For comparison purposes, this is about 0.2" longer than the E2DL Ultra, 0.4" longer than the LX2 Lumamax and 1.4" longer than the EB1 Backup.



    Although the tail cap on the EB2T must be loosened to turn the light off, the overall length between the two stays nearly the same due to the rubber switch boot being slightly shorter on the EB2T.



    The EB2 comes provided with 2x123A lithium primary batteries and can accept LFP 123A rechargeables. The EB2 did not exhibit any of the erratic behavior observed with the EB1 when running on freshly charged LFP 123A's.

    (EDIT 8/10/2013) WarriorOfLight was kind enough to share some information from the German Messerforum where they had discovered the E2DL Ultra utilizes temperature regulation. Since the electronics of the Ultra and EB2 appear to be very nearly the same, it stood to reason that this would be the case for the EB2 as well.

    My original tests were conducted with the EB2 simply sitting in a holder with nothing to pull away heat (no hand on the light, no air movement, etc.). Following WarriorOfLight's suggestion I conducted additional tests utilizing a small USB powered fan to provide some air movement. With the benefit of added airflow the EB2 demonstrated the ability to maintain considerably higher output using CR123 primaries as well as LFP123 rechargeable batteries. The results from both sets of tests are shown in the following graph.

    Further discussion on this can be found beginning at
    post #118 of this thread.



    For the most part, I have been able to pocket carry the EB2 comfortably. However, it does require more careful pocket placement than smaller lights and it is approaching the limit, in my opinion, of what can be comfortably carried in a jeans pocket. It may already be past that limit for some people. It is a perfect light for a jacket or cargo pocket where the extra length is not an issue.

    The straight tail cap and smooth finish can make it a little difficult withdrawing the EB2 from a pocket. The use of the EB1C shrouded tailcap makes retrieving the light much easier (will only work with the EB2C).



    Clicky versus Tactical

    Over the course of 2 weeks of use, the EB2C has operated flawlessly, reliably coming on in high mode first, followed by low with another press of the switch. Rapid switching on and off gave the expected high/low output levels and I did not experience any mode jumping or other surprises. The switch provides adequate travel to easily activate the EB2C in momentary mode without accidentally clicking into constant-on mode. The click-type tailcap can be locked out by loosening it just over 1/4 turn.

    The two-stage tailcap on the EB2T functions smoothly and is easily operated in momentary-on low or high modes. Twisting the tailcap to achieve constant-on output first triggers the low output mode with high mode following after an additional 3/4 turn. In normal use the EB2T operated as expected, producing the desired level of output in the momentary and constant-on modes. During testing I did experience a few instances of a high output flash when cycling the EB2T between off and constant-on low.

    There is a very small amount of play in the threads of the EB2T tailcap which can be felt when using momentary switching. As a result, if the tailcap is loosened just enough to turn the EB2T off, a slight side pressure on the tailcap can cause the light to momentarily turn on. To prevent this from happening, the tailcap must be loosened approximately 1/8 turn from constant-on low. Full lockout can be achieved by loosening the tailcap approximately 1 3/4 turn.

    Although they appear identical, the heads on the EB2C and EB2T are programmed differently. The EB2T head is effectively a single output light, with the lower output level a function of the 2-stage tailcap (as with the LX2 LumaMax). The EB2C head is a true two-mode head, similar in operation to the E2D LED Defender and E1B Backup.


    LEGO photos

    Several people have expressed interest in seeing the EB2 head on other SureFire bodies. The following are a few I could come up with:

    EB2 head + AZ2-S body



    EB2 Head + LX2 body



    EB2 head + E2DL Ultra body


    Thanks for stopping by!
    Last edited by 880arm; 08-21-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Revisions to runtime chart

  2. #2
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Excellent review ... thanks so much for all the work you did in putting it all together!

    I had a LX2 and sold it because I found it too slippery when using the momentary feature of the tailcap. Are you planning on getting a tactical version of the EB2? I would be interested in how it compares grip-wise to the LX2 given that the LX2 has grooves in the body and the EB2 does not.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    701

    Default SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Thanks for the excellent review!

  4. #4

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Nice...any chance to add EB1 beamshot as well..If I not mistaken,I cant found any EB1 beamshot on your classic wooden swing ,Thanks

  5. #5

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Nice review... Question: after the initial drop down to 70-75% brightness, can you get back to the 100% "turbo" mode by turning the light off then on again? Or does it stay at 70-75%?

  6. #6
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    880arm, did not see any optic shots in your review. Same type optic as the E2DL ultra, I would assume. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Turning it off and back on, will bring the light back to 100% output.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    Nice review... Question: after the initial drop down to 70-75% brightness, can you get back to the 100% "turbo" mode by turning the light off then on again? Or does it stay at 70-75%?

  8. #8
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tsl View Post
    Excellent review ... thanks so much for all the work you did in putting it all together!

    I had a LX2 and sold it because I found it too slippery when using the momentary feature of the tailcap. Are you planning on getting a tactical version of the EB2? I would be interested in how it compares grip-wise to the LX2 given that the LX2 has grooves in the body and the EB2 does not.
    I am planning to get a tactical version, hopefully soon. While I was writing the review I had the EB2 and an LX2 sitting on my desk and I was constantly picking them up and thinking about what the grip would be like with the EB2T. I never really considered the grooves on the LX2 as enhancing grip (although they couldn't hurt) but it does have the advantage of a slightly thicker body than the EB2. If you weren't happy with the LX2 I don't think you will find the grip on the EB2 to be any better.

    All of this changes if we could get them to put a shroud on the tactical cap .

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    Nice review... Question: after the initial drop down to 70-75% brightness, can you get back to the 100% "turbo" mode by turning the light off then on again? Or does it stay at 70-75%?
    Like tonkem said, you will get a higher output after turning the light off and back on, to an extent. My understanding is that the drop is due to voltage sag in the batteries, not the result of a programmed step down from "turbo" mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonkem View Post
    880arm, did not see any optic shots in your review. Same type optic as the E2DL ultra, I would assume. Thanks again.
    That's because I can't figure out how to take a clear picture of the optics!

    To my tired old eyes the optics look the same. Here is one of my photo attempts with the EB2 on the left and the E2DL Ultra on the right . . .


  9. #9

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    So you can expect less than 5 minutes at the claimed max output followed by roughly 70% of that for the remainder?
    Does anyone else think that really sucks?
    Seems Surefire are going for the "chinese manufacfurers" approach of 'drive it hard so we get a good output figure, screw longevity and honest marketing!'

  10. #10
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LEDburn View Post
    So you can expect less than 5 minutes at the claimed max output followed by roughly 70% of that for the remainder?
    Does anyone else think that really sucks?
    Seems Surefire are going for the "chinese manufacfurers" approach of 'drive it hard so we get a good output figure, screw longevity and honest marketing!'
    Maybe it's the other way around. Perhaps the 70% level shown in the chart is the rated 500 lumen output and they chose not to take credit for the substantially higher output at initial turn-on. I have never seen SureFire "claim" a max output.

    Unfortunately I do not have an integrating sphere and cannot measure the true output in lumens. I can only make an attempt at measuring relative output over time and I have no idea at what point on that chart the output is actually 500 lumens.

    For what it's worth, if the 100% value is 500 lumens then none of their recent high-powered lights come close to their advertised runtime to 50 lumens. However, if the lower value, where the light is in regulation, is around 500 lumens it hits it almost exactly. This doesn't prove anything one way or the other but it's worth considering.

  11. #11
    Flashaholic Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    379

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post

    For what it's worth, if the 100% value is 500 lumens then none of their recent high-powered lights come close to their advertised runtime to 50 lumens. However, if the lower value, where the light is in regulation, is around 500 lumens it hits it almost exactly. This doesn't prove anything one way or the other but it's worth considering.
    I hope someone with an integrating sphere or ”poor mans light box” will tell us soon.
    Which brand of LFP cells did you use ?


    And once again , thanks for a great review

  12. #12
    Flashaholic Machete God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, MYS
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Good stuff, thanks so much for the work you put into your reviews. Between you and Robin24K, I've got all my new SF light review needs covered!

    No EB2 to hand, so I can only comment on aesthetics for now. Still think the LX2 and the AZ2 are the best looking SF lights "post-PK". I didn't mind the EB1, but the same styling on the longer EB2 looks plain to me... maybe because I am comparing it to the stillborn LX2 Ultra! An EB2T is still going on the shopping list, though.

    Question: Can you spot if there is a difference between the emitters used in the EB1 and the EB2?

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* pjandyho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,901

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Another awesome review! Now I can't decide between the E2DL Ultra or the EB2 Tactical.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

  14. #14

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Excellent review as always. Thank you for demonstrating so many of these combinations for us. I can't decide which one I want most. EB2-combatlight or EB2-defender combine the most attributes I like.



    Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post




    EB2 head + AZ2-S body



    EB2 Head + LX2 body



    EB2 head + E2DL Ultra body

    THat last one kills me. And it'd only take $200 + $200, then convincing someone on the cpfm that the leftover sharp bezel + smooth body + no tailstanding "backup" isn't the worst frankenlight ever.

  15. #15
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Near Seattle
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Machete God View Post
    Question: Can you spot if there is a difference between the emitters used in the EB1 and the EB2?
    The EB1 uses an XP-E. I haven't heard anybody say for sure if the EB2/ED2L Ultra/etc. use a XM-L or something else.

  16. #16
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    . . . Which brand of LFP cells did you use ?

    And once again , thanks for a great review
    I used the K2 Energy cells listed on the SureFire site. And thank you for the feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machete God View Post
    Good stuff, thanks so much for the work you put into your reviews. Between you and Robin24K, I've got all my new SF light review needs covered!

    No EB2 to hand, so I can only comment on aesthetics for now. Still think the LX2 and the AZ2 are the best looking SF lights "post-PK". I didn't mind the EB1, but the same styling on the longer EB2 looks plain to me... maybe because I am comparing it to the stillborn LX2 Ultra! An EB2T is still going on the shopping list, though.

    Question: Can you spot if there is a difference between the emitters used in the EB1 and the EB2?
    I hope Robin is planning to review a few of these new SureFires as well. I enjoy reading his reviews and I wish there were more people doing reviews of SureFire lights in general. For what it's worth, I don't mind if anyone wants to "hijack" this thread with their own review. If any of you guys feel like being a writer, I'll even host it on my site.

    Like yowzer said, the EB1 uses a different emitter. I can't tell one from the other but I can say that it is much smaller than the emitter in the EB2 and E2DL Ultra. The EB1 optic also appears to be slightly different.

    Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Another awesome review! Now I can't decide between the E2DL Ultra or the EB2 Tactical.
    Thank you sir. Your indecision isn't a problem, it's an opportunity. Get them both!

    Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    THat last one kills me. And it'd only take $200 + $200, then convincing someone on the cpfm that the leftover sharp bezel + smooth body + no tailstanding "backup" isn't the worst frankenlight ever.
    I'm probably not helping matters by saying this but you could get away with that much cheaper by using an older E2 Defender as the donor body. Then you would only have to unload an incandescent version of the EB2! I can promise you it would be unique

    I would suspect they will release a stand-alone upgrade head such as the KE2C at some point but I can't imagine it being much cheaper than what they are asking for the entire EB2. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on the pricing part as that would be an awesome upgrade for any old E-series lights, especially if they make it available in HA. Just imagine how good one of those would look on an LX2

  17. #17
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tongkang View Post
    Nice...any chance to add EB1 beamshot as well..If I not mistaken,I cant found any EB1 beamshot on your classic wooden swing ,Thanks
    Ha ha. If anyone wants a swing like that let me know. I can hook you up with the guy who builds them. Shipping may be a little expensive but it's fairly nice

    I have edited the original post to include the EB1. I'm glad you brought that up because it may be a useful comparison for others as well. You can see it side-by-side with the EB2 beam in the full review.

  18. #18

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    In Sean's review of the E2DLU he got a different regulation with the LFP cells than the EB2 got. Interesting that the E2DLU and EB2 heads would be regulated differently with the same rechargeable cells.

  19. #19

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post

    I'm probably not helping matters by saying this but you could get away with that much cheaper by using an older E2 Defender as the donor body. Then you would only have to unload an incandescent version of the EB2! I can promise you it would be unique

    I would suspect they will release a stand-alone upgrade head such as the KE2C at some point but I can't imagine it being much cheaper than what they are asking for the entire EB2. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on the pricing part as that would be an awesome upgrade for any old E-series lights, especially if they make it available in HA. Just imagine how good one of those would look on an LX2

    I'd say enabling more than helping. All great ideas though. What would the older defender's tailcap, or any single mode tailcap do, keep the eb2 in high, or low?

  20. #20
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Illluminator View Post
    In Sean's review of the E2DLU he got a different regulation with the LFP cells than the EB2 got. Interesting that the E2DLU and EB2 heads would be regulated differently with the same rechargeable cells.
    I have no explanation for the difference on LFP cells. I have not yet performed a test with them in my E2DL Ultra. I will try to do that tomorrow and see if it returns a different result than the EB2.

    I can say that the output curves of the EB2 and E2DL Ultra were slightly different on primaries but the difference was slight. I was going to do some more testing to see if I could better qualify the differences but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    I'd say enabling more than helping. All great ideas though. What would the older defender's tailcap, or any single mode tailcap do, keep the eb2 in high, or low?
    If you're talking about the head from the EB2C (clicky version), it will function the same, regardless of which clicky tailcap you use it with. I don't know about the EB2T (2-stage tactical version) but there are others here who can probably answer that question.

  21. #21

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Thanks,found the beamshot, ...the EB1 is nothing much if compared to EB2 Beam,thats a bad news again for me...how can u live with low beam instead having so much on the EB2..lol


    Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post
    I have edited the original post to include the EB1. I'm glad you brought that up because it may be a useful comparison for others as well. You can see it side-by-side with the EB2 beam in the full review.

  22. #22

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    You know, I was really pretty pumped to get the EB1, to rotate with my E1B/MDC hybrids (I just switched the heads and bodies...I think both light are better as legos), since I'm kind of getting out of two-cell lights, other than P60 hosts, which I hope to be running on single 17670s and 18650s. (Though I prefer a slighly larger light for jacket pocket carry...I figured the EB1 would be just large enough).

    Then, the EB2 comes along. Well dang, how can I not want that 500 lumens on high in the new TIR optic, in a nice sleek package like that????

    Any idea how this will perform on a protected 17670...presuming it will fit? Please tell me a 17670 won't fit; then I'll have a legitimate reason NOT to buy this thing, and just get the EB1.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

  23. #23
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Nice review with pics. It's nice that the members over here throw up these reviews with tons of information to take in. Only one problem...I want the Tactical version now! Some dealers should be seeing them soon. Good write up, thanks.

  24. #24

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumperr View Post
    Nice review with pics. It's nice that the members over here throw up these reviews with tons of information to take in. Only one problem...I want the Tactical version now! Some dealers should be seeing them soon. Good write up, thanks.
    Pretty amazing. I wish every gear forum I was into had members that put reviews of this quality up, much less this fast.

    Yeah the tactical, I'm looking forward to finding out if that will act as the lx2 head did, single mode high, on a body with a single clicky switch.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    They have the tactical version now, at environmental led. Check it out

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumperr View Post
    Nice review with pics. It's nice that the members over here throw up these reviews with tons of information to take in. Only one problem...I want the Tactical version now! Some dealers should be seeing them soon. Good write up, thanks.

  26. #26
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Illluminator View Post
    In Sean's review of the E2DLU he got a different regulation with the LFP cells than the EB2 got. Interesting that the E2DLU and EB2 heads would be regulated differently with the same rechargeable cells.
    I've run 5 tests (3 on the E2DL Ultra and 2 on the EB2) and they all come out with pretty similar results. These are (or were) brand new cells so I think a little of the variance is due to them getting a few cycles on them. They are coming off the charger now at a little higher voltage than before when I first got them.

    When compared to Sean's results it appears he achieved a higher output for a shorter length of time than what I'm getting from my cells. Perhaps they are different brands? Hopefully he can chime in and provide some insight.





    Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    Any idea how this will perform on a protected 17670...presuming it will fit? Please tell me a 17670 won't fit; then I'll have a legitimate reason NOT to buy this thing, and just get the EB1.
    Ok BigBluefish, this is just for you - a 17670 won't fit. Now go ahead and skip to the next post. You have been warned!

    ----------------------------

    For everyone else (BigBluefish you aren't reading this are you?) an AW 17670 fits in my EB2 with ease. With the 17670 the output is pretty flat for the first 25 minutes somewhere just below 70% of the max output on 123A's. After that, it begins a long taper that continues for over 2 hours. I would say it gives about 2.5 hours total runtime to 10%. The funny thing is I was about half-way through that test when BigBluefish asked his question.

    Then I decided to try it with an AW 18650 3100mah (no, it didn't fit in the EB2 body ) using a FiveMega C to E body. It maintained about the same output for 45 minutes before beginning to drop. It's been running for 2.5 hours now and is down to about 20% of its starting output. I'm about to pull the plug on it and go to bed

    I'm still holding out hope for a tan EB2T. Hopefully I will get my hands on one soon and add it to the review.

  27. #27
    Flashaholic* Robin24k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post
    I hope Robin is planning to review a few of these new SureFires as well. I enjoy reading his reviews and I wish there were more people doing reviews of SureFire lights in general. For what it's worth, I don't mind if anyone wants to "hijack" this thread with their own review. If any of you guys feel like being a writer, I'll even host it on my site.
    I've been inactive for a while because of my full-time job, but I've got a EB2 tactical in tan coming my way. I will try to identify the LED and answer questions, but reviews have been taking longer to get through, and I don't expect things to speed up anytime soon (except maybe the amount of work piling up)...

    As a side note, the UDR is getting closer.

  28. #28

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    I've been inactive for a while because of my full-time job, but I've got a EB2 tactical in tan coming my way. I will try to identify the LED and answer questions, but reviews have been taking longer to get through, and I don't expect things to speed up anytime soon (except maybe the amount of work piling up)...

    As a side note, the UDR is getting closer.
    So jealous. I want to see the Tan version. I got the Black EB2/ tactical today I will post some photos I took as well.

  29. #29

    Buttrock Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    I figured I would add my mediocre iPhone photos for anyone interested in this thread instead of creating a new one. Hope this is ok...



    I cannot believe how far this thing throws outside. Holy crap!

  30. #30
    880arm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wildlands of Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: SureFire EB2 Backup - Review, photos, beamshots and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    . . . I've got a EB2 tactical in tan coming my way. I will try to identify the LED and answer questions . . .
    Glad to hear it. Having plenty of work is a good thing but hopefully you aren't too buried.

    Quote Originally Posted by glock_nor_cal View Post
    I figured I would add my mediocre iPhone photos for anyone interested in this thread instead of creating a new one. Hope this is ok...



    I cannot believe how far this thing throws outside. Holy crap!
    Nothing shabby about those photos! I'm glad you shared this one of the EB2 head, showing the red dot next to the spring which mine also has. Since the EB1 and EB2 heads are externally identical I wondered if that was added to tell them apart. If that's the case, I'm curious as to whether the tactical heads have a different marking.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •