Best Warranty/Best Customer Service

Whizkid

Newly Enlightened
Title says it all. Throughout your "flashistory," what company(s) provided you with excellent service?

Or what company's left a sour taste in your mouth?

My next flashlight may depend on it!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Devices. When you call, you usually speak directly to Gene. Best ever!

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
for me, here in the usa, surefire by far.

i have called them for discontinued parts "we no longer have in stock" & few days later the part arrives -- more than once.

i have sent back a couple of lights for repair -- broken lenses or electronics gone bad & they never bothered asking for receipts or when or where I bought the light or even how it got damaged. i have never been charged for repairs. turn around time for repairs has been a couple or three weeks. it is pretty much no questions asked. I have bought or received parts for 15 year old lights.

i would say failure rate for me has been pretty low. I may have bought 15 or 20 surefires over the years & only one or two had to be returned for repair.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
SureFire and Streamlight have provided good service for me (sent 4 lights back to SureFire, 1 to Streamlight), but hands down the best customer service has been provided by Trevor at Foursevens. He really cares about making sure that you are satisfied with your light! (I've never had a problem with one of my Malkoffs.)

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Devices. When you call, you usually speak directly to Gene. Best ever!

i would have to agree with this. I can not imagine that my tank of a malkoff will fail but if it does I know gene will pick up the phone. no worries with malkoff!!

MBentz

Enlightened
My only experience with regards to warranty/CS stuff is with SureFire. Absolutely no hassle and as pleasant to deal with as possible.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in Canada and Surefire has been good to me, even on lights where I'm not the original owner. Fenix, Quark, and Crelant have been good on there warranties too

Whizkid

Newly Enlightened
Well Surefire is definitely in the running.

What got me started on this is the abundance of negative feedback I've been reading about Zebralight. I feel as though its on every section of cpf. I have a SC52 that is so cool, but all I hear is... my flashlight broke a day after the warranty expired and it now costs $$$ to fix it or... my flashlight has been in China for 3 months already getting fixed.

I was about to pull the trigger on a ZL headlamp but now I'm doubtful.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think most (all?) of the US-manufactured lights are going to be great, and of the foreign-manufactured, Foursevens is the standout favorite (it's US owned and headquartered). As important as a warranty/custom service is, so is where you'd have mail the light and 47s can handle most issues from their US office. A good domestic dealer can also make for a good repair interface and handle international shipping for you, but the wait will still be there. Watch out for some tricky warranty claims like Eagletac that state 10 yrs for the "flashlight" but only 1 yr for its "electronics."

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
Oveready does have top notch customer service. I didn't really think of them as a manufacturer, but either way they've always made things right by me.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Beam Systems.
I had an issue with my Maxabeam, that i didnt know i had.
one of their staff saw the beamshot here - and PMed me letting me know that it wasnt quite right, then walked me through fixing my 6 year old, second, and probably third hand, well out of warranty light via email.

Oveready have also been really good, Electronguru held onto some parts for me, while another part arrived, and then sent the whole lot to me.
great communication and really friendly helpful people.

Muyshondt (Endeavour) has been great to deal with, as has Henry at HDS/RA (asking questions about my second hand/out of warranty Ra Twisty)

T45

Enlightened
EXCELLENT Customer Service with Surefire I can attest to first hand. They are always helpful and responsive. The big difference in companies that have great Customer Service and those that don't? Parts availability. If I need a new tail cap, or a lens, maybe even a lanyard clip, that makes all the difference in the world. Companies who have one response "We don't offer parts" are just disappointing to deal with and leave me wondering are they committed to their customers who buy the products they make? You MAKE a product but pieces of it are not available for repair? Today's market place rewards the forward thinkers. Everyone else gets left behind.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've experienced great customer service from Oveready, Malkoff, Prometheus, McGizmo and dealers recognized on CPF. When it comes to maintenance and fixing a light, availability of parts is critical. All of these makers stand behind their products and have the parts so you can maintain or fix your light. When I heard that the clip from the Streamlight Stylus Pro is a perfect fit for the Peak Eiger AAA, I went to BrightGuy and found the part. It was good business for them because I picked up a few other things to rationalize the shipping. It is all about the parts...and this applies to more than lights. I drive a 1986 Porsche 911. The turn signal/brights stem wore out. I got a brand new one from the Porsche factory. It's all about the parts.

MDNY

Newly Enlightened
Just an observation (no actual problems encountered) -- but the Streamlight warranty that came with a Protac 2L is stated to be "Limited Lifetime." The exclusions are LED, electronics, and switches (i.e., all the active parts), which are only guaranteed for 2 years. This leaves only the body, head shell, bezel, lens, and reflector to be guaranteed for a "lifetime." But realistically, the only way those passive components will fail is as the result of wear and tear or abuse -- neither of which are covered. So .... why isn't the warranty simply stated to be 2 years, and leave it at that?

Or does Streamlight typically step up and cover all parts for an extended period, as long as the failure was not the result of obvious user damage? Just curious.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens - Excellent
Armytek - Great but wish they had North American shipping point
Fenix - Good

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Just an observation (no actual problems encountered) -- but the Streamlight warranty that came with a Protac 2L is stated to be "Limited Lifetime." The exclusions are LED, electronics, and switches (i.e., all the active parts), which are only guaranteed for 2 years. This leaves only the body, head shell, bezel, lens, and reflector to be guaranteed for a "lifetime." But realistically, the only way those passive components will fail is as the result of wear and tear or abuse -- neither of which are covered. So .... why isn't the warranty simply stated to be 2 years, and leave it at that?

Or does Streamlight typically step up and cover all parts for an extended period, as long as the failure was not the result of obvious user damage? Just curious.

All I can do is tell you my experience with Streamlight. I had a more than 2 year old Stylus Pro (24L version) with intermittent operation. They never asked when I bought it, they just sent me a tailcap (they were having switch problems at the time). When that didn't fix it, they sent me a whole new flashlight (48L version). And they let me keep the new tailcap!