Olight SR96 ?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rumoured to be the first triple Cree MK-R led flashlight.
output above 4200 lumens, According to other site

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Dengoh there's a pic
null-48.jpg

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
MK-R led's? Those are quad die LED's, so it's a tripple quad?!

Sure it wasn't a MT-G2 or something?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Wow,that´s a flashlight! :)

I´ve been waiting for something like this light from Olight.Ever since the Fenix RC40 with it´s 4 XML and 3500 lumens was released, it outperformed the Olight SR92 3 XML with it´s 1700 lumens(which is now discontinued). Olight had to respond to the competition creating a new 3x or 4x LED flashlight. This SR96 looks like being the answer to the competition! I wonder how it will compare to the Fenix RC40? I do hope that this light will not be more expencive than the other lights in the Intimidator series,because then it will be out of reach for most peoples budget.

I hope to see more details about this light soon!

kj2

Flashaholic
I wonder if they will go onto a new look of the bezel. And the SR96 on this photo is missing that "gold-ring" at the head.

edit; From the photo it looks like that smaller Olight (S15?), will fit 3 times in the SR96. I estimate that the SR96 is around 25,8cm.
The SR95 is 32,5cm so the SR96 looks to be (a lot) smaller.

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

The hole thread was about guessing about what LED the coming SR96 is going to feature.I am not sure if i followed the translation correctly :thinking: but i understood the result and it said:

June 6 evening announcing the results:
Model: SR96
LED: CREE MK-R

kj2

Flashaholic
The hole thread was about guessing about what LED the coming SR96 is going to feature.I am not sure if i followed the translation correctly :thinking: but i understood the result and it said:

June 6 evening announcing the results:
Model: SR96
LED: CREE MK-R

That's what I'm understanding too.

markr6

Flashaholic
WOW! A lot less toilet plunger-looking than some others of this size, so that's good!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are MK-Rs brand new I didn't know about them? If 1 is equal to 4 XP-G2s I'm amazed I've never heard of them that is insanely impressive! What other well known flashlights have the MK-R?

kj2

Flashaholic
Olight confirmed me: 3x MK-R with max 4200lumens. No release date set yet, but should come this quarter.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Olight confirmed me: 3x MK-R with max 4200lumens. No release date set yet, but should come this quarter.

kj2,
it would be great if you could ask Olight about the retail price for this SR96. I would like to know the verdict if it´s within(hopefuly)my budget and priced after the rest of the Intimidator series or if it´s going to have a crazy price.

Have they said how long it will run at 4200 before stepping down?

Besides of the pricetag,the stepdown in effect is the next important feature when deciding to buy this light or not. If it steps down after about 20 minutes at highest mode and could be activated again at highest mode soon again it´s ok,but if it could only be ran at highest mode for example 5 minutes before it steps down,then it´s not so interesting anymore. Of course it would be interesting to know how much it steps down as well(if it´s for example down to 40% or 60% from highest mode).It would also be interesting to know if the stepdown based on built in timer or thermal based. If it steps down to fast and to much,the Fenix RC40 is still going to be hard to beat in performance being capable of delivering 3500 lumens with not stepdown in effect.

I hope that someone can reveal more info about this lights datas ! :)

kj2

Flashaholic
kj2,
it would be great if you could ask Olight about the retail price for this SR96. I would like to know the verdict if it´s within(hopefuly)my budget and priced after the rest of the Intimidator series or if it´s going to have a crazy price.

Besides of the pricetag,the stepdown in effect is the next important feature when deciding to buy this light or not. If it steps down after about 20 minutes at highest mode and could be activated again at highest mode soon again it´s ok,but if it could only be ran at highest mode for example 5 minutes before it steps down,then it´s not so interesting anymore. Of course it would be interesting to know how much it steps down as well(if it´s for example down to 40% or 60% from highest mode).It would also be interesting to know if the stepdown based on built in timer or thermal based. If it steps down to fast and to much,the Fenix RC40 is still going to be hard to beat in performance being capable of delivering 3500 lumens with not stepdown in effect.

I hope that someone can reveal more info about this lights datas ! :)
Will contact Olight :)