My new Damascus spy007

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow just think what that would look like. I think it would be cool but maybe a little heavy.

scout24

Flashaholic
You should be banned and exiled for that thread title... :) Or relegated to carrying nothing but a 2xAA mini Maglight for one month for teasing us like that...

Zandar

Enlightened
Just think ultra cool and ultra expensive! I'm sure for an additional $1000 a unit Data would take up this challenge.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Or relegated to carrying nothing but a 2xAA mini Maglight for one month for teasing us like that..."

I second this notion but I'd recommend the punishment being commensurate with the crime....he should EDC an old school Mag Solitare with half dead AAAs. :devil:

Zandar

Enlightened
Seriously though, if you look back into the SPY's history Data did do some custom Damascened work on the 005 models.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to do this too. Even purchased some metal if only a piece large enough to make one light. It is still setting there. :| It is a spider pattern, very cool hand forged. But getting any pattern to align with the head and battery cap is nearly impossible. However the biggest reason I never went ahead and had the parts machined was the potential destruction to some pretty expensive custom tooling that I can not afford to throw under the buss. That and the cost of the metal at about $600 to $1000 per light! :(