Guys, I need a short text translated into OTHER languages. Can someone help?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm selling a product that I invented that's bike related and I wanted to find other sources

in other countries where I could show my product such as forums, bike magazines, online

stores, bike chains/stores and so on but the best way to find them is to ask someone local

and I also thought that some MAY have problems with English so I thought I'd ask for a translation.

Anyone interested and I'll post the text.

I've MAY have Italian, German and Swedish covered.

Thanks

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried Google Translate? It's not perfect but it works to translate numerous languages to and from English. You can enter text or a website URL. With a URL entered it will give you a foreign language website translated into English. There's also Google's Website Translator.(plug-in)

There are others such as Translate.com, Freetranslation.com and Bing Translator.

Thanks but I'm fluent in four languages and trust me, the translations are usually not very good.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What languages do you need ? If I remember right, you can cover much of the US, Canada, and EU with what you already know.

My suggestion is to post the wording in english, as well as the desired translations needed. I am sure some people on here will reply, with a few variations of how the translation could be done. Perhaps post some example google translations of what you are after and ask for "improvements", rather than starting from scratch ?

Consider also to ask at the local high school or colleges, because nearly every one of them offers classes in several languages.

As you know, there are also variations of languages, for example, Spanish spoken in Spain is not quite the same as Spanish spoken in various South American countries, so there is no such thing as a perfect translation. I know for a fact that my wife and I don't always speak the same "English", even though we were raised only 3 hours drive from each other, and have been married for nearly 32 years. :)

I personally don't like icons and sketches in directions, but a series of pictures really can span across cultural barrier challenges when done well.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right Harry and most people in Europe speak a little English, BUT, I thought it would be more considerate if I tried to approach them in their language.
Also, a translation is one thing but some things cannot just be translated word by word. Like my product, it's called a Helmet Hook. Not sure if just
translating the name would be enough. Mind you, I was going to show pictures n' stuff but still.

I would need French, Portuguese, Arabic, maybe Turkish, Greek and a few more that I can't think of right now :)

I'm sure if I sent them something in English and the pictures made them curious enough, they would find a way to translate
the text but like I said, I thought it would be nice if they didn't have to. Hell, they could be speaking better English than I do :)

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy in any language, or none, but to sell you have to reach out to your customer.

The top world languages:

English

French

German

Spanish

Portuguese

Arabic

After that Chinese, Russian, Hindu. You should try for Dutch because they are big cyclists.

What is your text?

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, I've got all these covered (other forums) but I still need Arabic

Here's the text that I posted on the adventure rider forum
==========

Guys, I really appreciate the offer to help me. Below is the text and a link to a page with all the info about the Helmet Hook so that you can see what the best translation would be. I removed the sales info so that this wouldn't wind up being a sales thread. http://www.extuff.biz/helmethook/helmet-hook-info.htm

As you can see, the purpose of this text is to find somewhere to send it so if the person doing the translation has any suggestions for any foreign forums, resellers, etc, please DO let me know.

I AM always looking for resellers, especially in other countries so if you know someone that would be interested (or you of course), please let them know.

Thanks and let me know if I can help you with something.
George
================== The text =========
Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some advice on where to promote my product?
I am looking for motorcycle forums, motorcycle magazines and motorcycle stores/chains and large online stores. I am the inventor of the Helmet Hook and I'm also the manufacturer so I can sell to retailers as well as wholesalers (large quantities).
Thank you very much for any info and links are very appreciated.
Here's a page that shows my product and if you are a member of the Adventure Rider Forum, you can find see my sales thread that also shows what people think of the product. Note that I have not had one single negative comment.
If possible, please respond in English.
Thank you.
============ End of text ============