Which Bike light that will be brighter than my old Rayovak (K2 Led) 85 lumen light?.

busseguy

Enlightened
Okay. I have a Rayovac headlamp which I wear while riding my bike. It is older and uses a K2 led. It is supposed to put out about 85 lumens and uses 3 AA batteries. It does its job pretty well, and has 4 levels. high, medium, low and strobe.

I definately want a dedicated bike light with high, medium, and low. Strobe would be nice but not necessary.

I am ONLY looking for one that takes AA batteries. Preferably 3 or 4.

I have looked at the Fenix bike light that uses AA batteries but havent heard many reviews on it. Also I dont know how reliable the rubber strap that holds it to the handle bars will hold up. It will be removed quite alot and stored in my backpack when I am going into stores, etc.

Anyone with one of those and can give me your thoughts. I think it says its about 350 lumens so it should be much brighter with more throw that my 85 lumen rayovac light right?.

Is the body durable?, and does it do fine in the rain or snow without leaking?.

Any other dedicated bike likes that use AA batteries will be considered. And I am interested in ones with seperate battery packs that strap to the frame.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your replies.:thumbsup: