Nitecore TM36

wedlpine

Enlightened
Anybody with more information than this on this new light from Nitecore. Looks nice.

SBT70 LED
1550 Lumen
1000m Range
4 Modes
4x18650

kj2

Flashaholic
1z32emb.jpg
2hdscxz.jpg

Nitecore TM36

Found also some other new coming Nitecore peoducts.

EAX:
11ghe15.jpg
5d3uyp.jpg

HC50 and HC90:

55jpv.jpg
30hlye0.jpg

P15 and P16:

2nsamp4.jpg
ejzyo4.jpg
(P16)

P36: also in the YouTube video

2dt8yvd.jpg
ok0psj.jpg

And KTL Store on Facebook mentions that there is a battery-pack coming, that fits all TM-serie lights.

edit: found more info:

HC90 head lamp: CREE XM-L 2 LED, 950 lumens, adjustable brightness, + red, green and blue LED, built-in charger
HC50 lamp: CREE XM-L 2 LED, 550 lumens, 4 modes

EAX: 2 x CREE XM-L 2 LED, 2000 lumen, 4 modes, 8 x AA cell

P15: CREE XP-E2 LED, 460 lumens, 4 modes
P16: CREE XM-L 2 LED, 900 lumens, 4 modes
P36: CREE XM-L 2 LED, 1000 lumens, 10 modes controllable via unique UI -price will be around €130,-

TM36: SBT70 LED, 1550 lumens, 1000 m range, 4 modes -price will be around €400,-

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got really excited seeing the TM36 name. I thought it would be a "production version" of the TM20 Nitecore showed last year, meaning it would be a similar size to the other Tiny Monster lights. Now it's just a massive light like the Olight SR-series, not the pocket-able thrower I was hoping for :(

Last edited:

y260

Enlightened
I would guess that many of the lights in the pictures above are very early production models. Just look at the bezel on the P15/16....that thing is thicker than any nitecore bezel I've ever seen. I would personally like to see an SRT10. A 2x18650, SRT style 1000+ lumen thrower. That would be perfect :devil:

makapuu

Enlightened
I got really excited seeing the TM36 name. I thought it would be a "production version" of the TM20 Nitecore showed last year, meaning it would be a similar size to the other Tiny Monster lights. Now it's just a massive light like the Olight SR-series, not the pocket-able thrower I was hoping for :(

Exactly, I think the TM20 light would have been a winner. I was wishing for that too.
I at least hope they would jack up the TM26 with XM-L2's, driven a little harder with better heatsinking.
Hopefully that would make it in the neighborhood of about 4000 lumens.

druidmars

Enlightened
Ahhh so many lights from that list that I'd like to own. I'm sure I'll be lagging behind in acquiring them with those prices hehe

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
I´m a bit disappointed. Specs are almost identical to Olight SR95S-UT and that came out last year. Don't get me wrong, this certainly is a great thrower but I expected Nitecore to do more than follow the competitors with equally advanced light.

markr6

Flashaholic
Uuugh, that headlamp! Huge, and I'm guessing pretty heavy.

ghodan

Newly Enlightened
Is it me or is 1550 lumen a bit on the low side for a model that number wise should be the top model of the "tiny" monster series?

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Yes but it takes 18650s instead of a specialized battery pack, so that makes me happy!

whatswrongwithmee

Newly Enlightened
OMG, my FAVORITE flashlight company coming out with more cool stuff? WHY???????!!!!!!!!!!???? Damn thieves! Making me rob my bank account.

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened

i bet they change the shape of the body to something much smaller but still connected to a massive head with the reflector in order to be true to the TINY Monster name of the line the TM36, and they are only using a large longer body right now as a temporary while they finish designing the other component ray that will most likely go with the body like an internal charger, the display for information, etc... Because those parts of the body are secondary to the actual emitter and driver of the light, getting the light working with the led and the reflector design complete so thy can claim 1000 meters was primary in the prototype process.

The other featurs of the body of the TM series are what make that line stand out, and I expect they would not want that released this early in the prototype phase to allow the competition to begin reacting at this early point.

ive got my money on a sweet tiny,oyster with a huge head.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it me or is 1550 lumen a bit on the low side for a model that number wise should be the top model of the "tiny" monster series?
I'm assuming this light is designed more for throw.