Fenix TK75 vs. RC40

hivoltage

Enlightened
I already have the TK75....is the RC40 that much brighter, more throw? I have never seen a comparison of the 2. If the RC40 is in another class, I am getting one! Thanks.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Well, if you're going to buy one either way ... then go to goinggear because they have the rc40 on sale. I so want to pull the trigger .... but I think i'll wait for the next gen or two since I already have the tk70.

Capolini

Banned
Yes it has!! They just came in yesterday! I just ordered it and will have it Monday or Tuesday!! I got it for $179.00 from Fenix Outfitters,,they gave me a $20.00 promo code!! I paid $209.00 for the original TK-75!! They only got 20 of them!! They will be gone quickly!

I am sure it will not disappoint!! I will let you know and look forward to the reviews vs. other lights!

Capolini

Banned

JargonGR

Newly Enlightened
Well I haven't bought a Fenix yet and was thinking about the TK75 so somehow I was lucky that I delayed! I was thinking of a FF4 next but since this is much more versatile I will postpone it and the TK75 with at least one extension (or 2 :D) will be my next purchase!

Capolini

Banned
Well I haven't bought a Fenix yet and was thinking about the TK75 so somehow I was lucky that I delayed! I was thinking of a FF4 next but since this is much more versatile I will postpone it and the TK75 with at least one extension (or 2 :D) will be my next purchase!

Good decision!! You won't be disappointed!! One ext. is enough. I used it[One ext.] last night and got 2 hours and 54 minutes on "Turbo"!!! It was tested, I believe with several 18650 batteries and his best was 2 hours and 20 minutes!! I have 3400 Mah authentic Panasonic cells!:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
I already have the TK75....is the RC40 that much brighter, more throw? I have never seen a comparison of the 2. If the RC40 is in another class, I am getting one! Thanks.

I needed to express this!! To me it is an easy decision regarding the RC-40 or the TK-75[New version] having confidence it will be as advertized!

ok,,,,,,RC-40 - $379.00, 3500 Lumens, Beam distance 776 yards, with 126,000 candela. TK-75- $179.00 [WITH PROMO], 2900 Lumens, beam distance 754 yards with 119,500 candela.

For the RC-40 you are spending twice as much, have a flashlight much bulkier[almost 4"] , getting only 600 more lumens, 22 more yards throw and 6500 more candela. Easy choice for me!! Obviously, we need to see "Patriot" or someone do a test side by side for full validity and proof!!:hitit::thumbsup:

holylight

Enlightened
the TK-75[New version] having confidence it will be as advertized!

ok,,,,,,RC-40 - $379.00, 3500 Lumens, Beam distance 776 yards, with 126,000 candela. TK-75- $179.00 [WITH PROMO], 2900 Lumens, beam distance 754 yards with 119,500 candela.
:hitit::thumbsup:

very tempting. $.$

JargonGR

Newly Enlightened
Good decision!! You won't be disappointed!! One ext. is enough. I used it[One ext.] last night and got 2 hours and 54 minutes on "Turbo"!!! It was tested, I believe with several 18650 batteries and his best was 2 hours and 20 minutes!! I have 3400 Mah authentic Panasonic cells!:thumbsup:

Well also considering the great thermal characteristics of the TK75 it is easy. I have both Panasonic 3400s, LG Pinks 4.35v (with hobby charger), AWs and I am also waiting on some Sanyo cells to test. Maybe you are right about the third extension it is too much but it would look so huge it will be funny!

Capolini

Banned
Well also considering the great thermal characteristics of the TK75 it is easy. I have both Panasonic 3400s, LG Pinks 4.35v (with hobby charger), AWs and I am also waiting on some Sanyo cells to test. Maybe you are right about the third extension it is too much but it would look so huge it will be funny!

Absolutely JargonGR[ great thermal characteristics[features!]],it is an all around GREAT light. I am pleasantly surprised at the quality and the price,,,,,,,,,,,,when you combine the two I am not sure it can be beat!

Have a great weekend

p.s. I am a bit different than most!! My Siberian[Capo] and I both love the late fall and especially the winter! More flashlight use[ gets dark early!] and colder with lots of snow for "Capo" to run in!:thumbsup:

Tenebrae

Newly Enlightened
I needed to express this!! To me it is an easy decision regarding the RC-40 or the TK-75[New version] having confidence it will be as advertized!

Agreed. But I came to the opposite conclusion and will be buying an RC40. One thing you failed to consider in your decision is the added ease and convenience of operation that a built-in charging mechanism provides. I valued that feature and it contributed to making my buying decision easy.

Also, and I don't mind saying this, every beamshot of every TK75 I've ever seen skews green. Let's face it, most Fenix's do--but the RC40 seems to less than most other top-binned emitter choices Fenix employs. In fact, I find the RC40 admirably neutral in this regard.

Is the RC bulkier? Of course. And because of it, it will run significantly cooler than the TK75 over long periods of time.

Easy choice for you. Easy choice for me. Horses for courses.

Best,

Tenebrae

Capolini

Banned
Agreed. But I came to the opposite conclusion and will be buying an RC40. One thing you failed to consider in your decision is the added ease and convenience of operation that a built-in charging mechanism provides. I valued that feature and it contributed to making my buying decision easy.

Also, and I don't mind saying this, every beamshot of every TK75 I've ever seen skews green. Let's face it, most Fenix's do--but the RC40 seems to less than most other top-binned emitter choices Fenix employs. In fact, I find the RC40 admirably neutral in this regard.

Is the RC bulkier? Of course. And because of it, it will run significantly cooler than the TK75 over long periods of time.

Easy choice for you. Easy choice for me. Horses for courses.

Best,

Tenebrae

No argument here!! We can agree to disagree!!:) To each his own!

I will take a less bulkier/heavier light any day over built in charging! Our situations, in regards to how we use our lights are probably different. My left hand/arm is for walking the pooch!

I never noticed a "skew Green".You may have a better eye for beams than I do. I will see if I can notice tonight when I walk the "Boss", Capo, my Siberian!

It is not only the bulk, but the added weight. The RC-40 is 4.5" longer and weighs a bit more than twice as much, 52 oz.[3lbs. 4 oz] vs. 25 oz[ 1lb 9 oz.] Those are both weights w/ batt. included.

The heat mine throws off does not concern me. It has NEVER stepped down due to heat, even in the summer as it is now[ gets pretty hot here in suburban Philly!] and never gets too hot where it is uncomfortable to hold.

Anyway, I am sure we will both enjoy our new lights.Both lights are awesome in their own ways!

Ciao,Roberto "Capo di Capo"

p.s. where are you located?

Tenebrae

Newly Enlightened
No argument here!! We can agree to disagree!!:) To each his own!
:thumbsup:

I will take a less bulkier/heavier light any day over built in charging! Our situations, in regards to how we use our lights are probably different. My left hand/arm is for walking the pooch!

That's one heck of a dog-walking light! I tend to go lighter for tasks like that, carrying something like a JetBeam RRT-21, Klarus ST11 or something along those lines.

p.s. where are you located?

Southern California--though I used to live in your neck of the woods, in Wayne.:wave:

Capolini

Banned

That's one heck of a dog-walking light! I tend to go lighter for tasks like that, carrying something like a JetBeam RRT-21, Klarus ST11 or something along those lines.

Southern California--though I used to live in your neck of the woods, in Wayne.:wave:

Cool,Wayne ,Pa.!!! I live in Valley Forge!! How long you been living in Calif.? My Aunt lives in Valley Village[Suburb of L.A.]

I have to agree with you young man!!!! The TK-75 is a powerful and a bit large to walk the Dog!!! I don't have your average Dog!!! I am addicted to lighting up the woods!! I walk on different trails[Schuylkill River Trail, Perkiomen Trail ect.] where it is dark!! No homes! In reality, I only need the 400 lumen setting. But I love Turbo, that is the only setting I use!! I just make sure if I pass through a residential area, I keep it on low!

take care,Ciao,"Capo di Capo",,,,,,Roberto :thumbsup::)

Capolini

Banned

Oh, yes, I forgot!! I do have a Jetbeam BC-40 which is an awesome light that is also light and bright enough[830 LUMENS ON HIGH AND 130 ON LOW] I used that all the time before I got the TK-75.