Tri Edc Questions

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I am about to contact Mac and order a Tri Edc. Before I do I don't want to bother him so I will ask here.

Around how long does it REALLY take to receive a light?

Does he do any custom body style mods other than the usual. Such as adding knurled parts of the battery tube?

Last edited:

biglights

Enlightened
XPG will give you more flood and lumens and the XPE is less lumens and flood, but an increase in throw. I asked Mac the same question. He said he preferred the XPG one. Good luck.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
5000K XP-G2 is very nice...should be what you want

persco

Enlightened
Are all the optics the same? Any frosted options?

Mac just sells the clear ones with his lights, but you can buy a frosted optic for very cheap. Less than $5. Or buy a drilled frosted carclo optic from thatspec (member here) that you can put trit vials in.... Easy swap.

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to contact Mac both by mail and PM for a couple of weeks now to place an Tri EDC order, without any response.
It will be interesting to see if you can get hold of him.
I've been thinking about just placing the order on his website, but I really would like to get a confirmation from him before placing the order and I have a few custom selections that I want to add.

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
Silgt!
I got your PM and tried to answer, but your message box is full.
I might be interested, as long as it's Ti.
PM me again when you have sorted your message box out and we can continue the conversation there.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Mac a few days ago on his birthday weekend. I hope to hear back from him soon. I want my first Tri EDC to be new directly from him. I would like to give him the extra business rather than post a WTB ad.

puinsai

Enlightened
I too want a tri-edc in brass neutral with a clip. My fear is I pay for the light and don't get it in a reasonable amount of time. Nor would I hear anything from Mac's. That is simply bad business isn't it? Or am I just expecting too much from a custom USA built light artist?

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
I certainly don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. I didn't order a Tri-EDC for precisely that reason: I was all set to order one until I read the threads about horrifically long wait times with no communication. My money went elsewhere.

I too want a tri-edc in brass neutral with a clip. My fear is I pay for the light and don't get it in a reasonable amount of time. Nor would I hear anything from Mac's. That is simply bad business isn't it? Or am I just expecting too much from a custom USA built light artist?

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
Same here, I were ready to place an order but couldn't get hold of Mac, I am not prepared to just place an order without knowing when or even IF I will receive a light.
I were lucky though and were offered to buy one of Silgt/Shyans Tri EDC's, I didn't hesitate one second, hopefully I will receive this light tomorrow.

I certainly don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. I didn't order a Tri-EDC for precisely that reason: I was all set to order one until I read the threads about horrifically long wait times with no communication. My money went elsewhere.

D2000

Enlightened
I think there's no question of if - I've not seen any feedback of an incomplete order- just long "when"s and sometimes very drawn out waits.