CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet find
null-64.jpg

The C21c looks sharp

null-65.jpg

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I would have liked to seen this with a white side led, to use as a headlamp. So I could have had a nice long throw flashlight and a good wide beam headlamp in one light. Just throw in a Zebralight style headband and you kill 2 birds with one stone!

swan

Banned
The C21C is interesting with its RED XPE2 led which has 3 outputs and max of 98 lms-nice size, battery indicator-this might replace my zl sc600.

juplin

Enlightened
I would have liked to seen this with a white side led, to use as a headlamp. So I could have had a nice long throw flashlight and a good wide beam headlamp in one light. Just throw in a Zebralight style headband and you kill 2 birds with one stone!
Looking at four screws around the red side LED, suppose someone will easily mod the red side LED to white one :sssh:

Swede74

Enlightened
I like the C21C, but where is the moonlight mode? Sunwayman, If you are reading this, please throw in a 2-3 lumen mode in future versions.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Hit the nail on the head, Swede - this light is crying out for a proper low low on both the white and red outputs. From the specs on the Sunwayman website:

White Light
Turbo: 830 Lumens (Automatically enter High mode after 5 mins continuous use to avoid overheat)
High: 510 Lumens (1.9hrs.)
Mid: 130 Lumens (9.5hrs.)
Low: 42 Lumens (31hrs.)

Red Light
High: 98 Lumens
Mid: 63 Lumens
Low: 14 Lumens

There's just not enough difference between levels here, and the lows should be lower - much lower.

markr6

Flashaholic
I like the C21C, but where is the moonlight mode? Sunwayman, If you are reading this, please throw in a 2-3 lumen mode in future versions.

I lost all interest when I saw there were no low modes.

kj2

Flashaholic
That T45C is what the Fenix TK35 should be lumenwise :)
Looks like both lights come without a holster, bummer :(

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

I agree! There should be a moonlight mode on both the white and the red modes of the C21C,and i also think that the T45C should have a moonlight mode as well.

juplin

Enlightened
Red Light
High: 98 Lumens
Mid: 63 Lumens
Low: 14 Lumens
Red light is dedicated to night vision.
Low 14 lumens of red light is similar to sub-lumen of white light in terms of night vision.
I have performed a night vision test on a red flashlight with 10/60/200 lumens modes. 10 lumens was just like sub-lumen of white light in terms of night vision. Even 60 lumens of red light didn't ruin my eyes during midnight.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The beam angle of the red light would further dilute the perceived brightness. ..as the floodier, the dimmer the illumination.

Swede74

Enlightened
I agree teej, 14 lumens in a mule style beam is plenty low, I'm stoked about the C21c

The beam angle of the red light would further dilute the perceived brightness. ..as the floodier, the dimmer the illumination.

Nevertheless, I can think of situations where you want a dim and focused beam, like for instance on a nightly trip to the "restroom" when camping. A floody red light might disturb fellow campers, despite being easy on their night vision. I don't think I will ever be convinced that adding a red LED to a flashlight can compensate for the lack of a true low mode on the white LED, but that's only my opinion.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nevertheless, I can think of situations where you want a dim and focused beam, like for instance on a nightly trip to the "restroom" when camping. A floody red light might disturb fellow campers, despite being easy on their night vision. I don't think I will ever be convinced that adding a red LED to a flashlight can compensate for the lack of a true low mode on the white LED, but that's only my opinion.

True but this isn't a bed side light for me, this'd be in the edc rotation. For a 2 am trip the new S10a always starts in moonlight mode. I don't know what kind of flashaholic you are but I own a lot of lights, more than 20 if them have moonlight mode. I want a bright red led I don't own yet. That's the red xpe2 ;)
i even have red xpe dropins.
i have a Safelight PALight 9volt red led that glow mode for trips to the bathroom for a year per battery. Why would I leave such a beauty of a light like the C21c beside my bed when I can have it at work ;)

Swede74

Enlightened
True but this isn't a bed side light for me, this'd be in the edc rotation. For a 2 am trip the new S10a always starts in moonlight mode. I don't know what kind of flashaholic you are but I own a lot of lights, more than 20 if them have moonlight mode. I want a bright red led I don't own yet. That's the red xpe2 ;)
i even have red xpe dropins.
i have a Safelight PALight 9volt red led that glow mode for trips to the bathroom for a year per battery. Why would I leave such a beauty of a light like the C21c beside my bed when I can have it at work ;)

I'm not sure how to define what kind of flashaolic I am, I have to give it some thought.:thinking: What I can tell you is that I own much less than 20 lights that have a moonlight mode. I think it's six - perhaps that's part of why I want the next high-end light I buy to have one.

You make some valid points, and I hope I do too when I say that having a moonlight mode you rarely use it is better than lacking one you occasionally need. :)