• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Black Bullet Micro - Mini Thrower Sells/Interest Thread

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

i would like to see if there is some interest in a mini Thrower in a Solarforce L2M 16340/18340 Package. a 18650 package is also possible for longer runtimes.
I build a prototype that first uses the already known good Ahorton P60 Style lens. But with this lens the spot was small, so i ordered some high quality lenses from a local dealer. with this i got much better results. Now some details and pictures:

- solarforce L2M 16340/18350 short host
- cree xp-e² dedomed and soldered on a sinkpad
- stock driver that pull out 1.5 amps to the led
- aw imr 18500 - 1100ma/h
- 13mm planconvex precollamination lens
- 27mm condensor lens

With this setup the light reaches 60.000 Lux (i meassured at 4 meters and backcalculate it to 1 meter)

bj7ahnbd.jpg

Detail of the prekollamination lens and the selfmade plastic holster:
vfqnc8ce.jpg

Beamshot at 410 Meters distance:

4swf-rj-8065.jpg

4swf-ri-1ce9.jpg

i calculated the parts and some bucks for my work. i will offer them for 189$. this include also the paypal fees and the worldwide shipping with inshurance and tracking to most countrys.

so now feel free to ask your question or to place a interest here.

thanks markus

creyc

Enlightened
Will you consider selling just the lenses as a kit for those of us with hosts and light engines already?

Thanks

jaycyu

Enlightened
Will you consider selling just the lenses as a kit for those of us with hosts and light engines already?

Thanks
Agreed, if that's possible. Since it's not like Ahorton's spacer with threads, I understand that focus might not be possible with all hosts. I'm planning to interchange the drop-in in 3 different torches.

I am on the market to buy a dedomed XP-E2 to replace my XR-E, but I'm still waiting for custom parts: the copper P60 pill and the programmable driver H-H-H-H-H-ML no memory. I might buy a XP-E2 before then since there's no guarantee those customs will ever be made. In addition, my Ahorton lens is not perfectly clear. I have a P60 size Wavien RLT collar in my unicorn wishlist, but that precollaminator seems a very good idea.

For my deliberation, I have a few questions:
1) Can you drive the dedome XP-E2 to 3A?
2) Can the module work optimally in different hosts?
3) Can the planeconvex precollamination lens be sold separately and work with an existing Ahorton kit?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually 3A is possible with a dedomed xp-e2 as i have one in my xseacher and i will have another in my trustfire z6 that i bought from modder vinh in his modded z6 group buy. Vinhs been selling 3A xpe2 p60 pills for awhile now. On my xseacher the xpe2 is on the same sinkpad yours is and im getting over 400k lux without the precollamination lens or collar. I wish i could get one for it. I bet you would get 100k lux if driven it 3A in your set up

Last edited by a moderator:

Antec

Newly Enlightened
3) i must check my local dealer how many lenses he have in stock. if there are enough i can sell those lenses. and yes they work just great also with the ahorton lens. you have to refocus a little bit.

Hi, would the first one on this list possibly work as well as the lenses from your local dealer? The diameter is 12.7mm and focal length is at 25.4mm

https://www.escooptics.com/lenses/plano-convex-lenses/plano-bk7-optical-glass.html