macs flashlights

gms1369

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forum and the flashlight deal but I think I like flashlights as much as guns. I've seen pictures of the macs lights browsing through the forum and now I really want one. Where would I go to buy a new one.

thank you
paul

persco

Enlightened
I'm new to the forum and the flashlight deal but I think I like flashlights as much as guns. I've seen pictures of the macs lights browsing through the forum and now I really want one. Where would I go to buy a new one.

thank you
paul

http://macscustoms.com/

But I would read up a lot on this forum before ordering so you understand what to expect.

gms1369

Newly Enlightened
thank you. those are some nice flashlights. My wife is going to be mad at me again

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the understanding of my wife that I have a cupboard full of $20 Surefire, Mac's, McGizmo and custom lights...I've never lied to her about the cost of these...I've just didn't tell her. Best to apply the doctrine "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" for a blissful family life :D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha ha! I'm right there with you. My wife will come out to my shop and say you sure do have a lot of lights. She doesn't realize how many are put away out of sight. I just respond, you sure do have a lot of shoes. That usually ends the discussion.

It is the understanding of my wife that I have a cupboard full of $20 Surefire, Mac's, McGizmo and custom lights...I've never lied to her about the cost of these...I've just didn't tell her. Best to apply the doctrine "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" for a blissful family life :D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

IsaacL

Enlightened
I'm new to Mac's lights and custom flashlights in general. I read around in this forum (like Persco suggested) a got myself very confused. It looks like the general consensus is that:
1) the wait time is much longer than the website lists
2) this is because the website is out of date
3) some people are really angry with Mac
4) others understand that custom lights, like custom knives, take time and patience.

Mac seems like a good enough guy to me, but I'm a little hesitant to place an order if his books are currently 6 months (???) out. I have no qualms with waiting lists, but I'm not in a good position to make an 8-12 week commitment.

Should I just try to score one his lights in the market place?

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to Mac's lights and custom flashlights in general. I read around in this forum (like Persco suggested) a got myself very confused. It looks like the general consensus is that:
1) the wait time is much longer than the website lists
2) this is because the website is out of date
3) some people are really angry with Mac
4) others understand that custom lights, like custom knives, take time and patience.

Mac seems like a good enough guy to me, but I'm a little hesitant to place an order if his books are currently 6 months (???) out. I have no qualms with waiting lists, but I'm not in a good position to make an 8-12 week commitment.

Should I just try to score one his lights in the market place?

I'm in the same boat as you. I really want a Tri EDC. I emailed Mac 2 times and sent 3-4 PM's in the past 2 months asking a few simple questions. I haven't heard back from him yet. The main question is actual wait time.

I've been eyeing the McGizmo Haiku and its a great light. However I'm truly drawn to the Tri EDC. Especially after modded by Frank!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Mac has not posted in almost three months. Has anyone talked to him in that span? Are we sure he is OK? :candle:

persco

Enlightened
I heard directly from Mac August 7 a couple of times. He sent me a shipping notice for my light. It wasn't really a shipping notice, just the electronic notice to USPS to expect a package for shipping. I've heard othing since then. Sent him two messages this week without reply.

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
just ordered a light from macs website...did I make a mistake? I've always wanted one of his lights.