Desk lamp parts?

Ropes4u

Newly Enlightened
I would like to build a could desk lamps, is there a readily available supply of LED lamp parts. Tried google but I guess my google-fu is broken at 4am.

evilc66

Enlightened
LED lamp parts, probably not. Standard lamp parts, like bases, stems, ferruls, etc. are readily available. Just make the LED part yourself.

travishu

Newly Enlightened
I once saw a great DIY idea of desk lamp - 2 minute recycled CD lamp. No tools required. (If you really don't know how to do it, you could find the video guide from YouTube) There's a good chance that somewhere around your computer you have a pile of old CDs or DVDs that you don't need or use. So why not turn them into a unique lighting fixture instead? This how-to requires no tools: just a stack of CDs, a strip of under-cabinet LED lighting from the local hardware store, and some wire to hold the whole thing together.

Ropes4u

Newly Enlightened
I have a few designs I wanted to make I was just hoping for the lamps and sockets to be readily available :)

CD is a good idea, in using wood and concrete because I'm on a modern kick ...

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
goodwill usually has em for 2.99.
already have a 12vac transformer in the base.
add a full wave bridge and a 3300@16 cap and you are ready for 4 whites in series.a small current limiting resistor will be needed.
and of course a heatsink.
i have a bunch of these set up with altilon 1x4 and samsung 1x4 headlight led modules.