Eneloop lite

Papadopoulos

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a question about the Eneloop Lite batteries. I'm a professional photographer and I had great success with Eneloop Pro (XX) batteries in my strobes (charged with my La Crosse BC-700)

My off-camera strobes are triggered with radio triggers, specifically, with PocketWizard Plus III transceivers. These radio triggers are known for their reliability and incredible range. Each receiver takes 2 AA batteries. These are not high-drain devices and one pair of Alkalines can last many weeks, easy. So I thought about using Eneloop Lite AA rechargeable batteries in them (rated at 1000 mAh).

But before I make a final decision, Rated at only 1000 mAh, I would like to make sure that the Eneloop Lite won't compromise performance (range). Is the 1000 mAh an indicator of both capacity and performance, or just capacity? If It's just an indicator of capacity, then I don't care if I have to re-charge them every month. But I do like the fact that these are LSD.

Thank you for any information.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
why do you want to use eneloop lite aa at 1000mah at 2000 cycles, when you can buy eneloop aa standard at 2000mah at 1800 cycles, does the weight of the battery`s make a difference, i though you would be better off with the extra capacity, also the eneloop lite battery`s are more expensive than standard eneloops.

I would stick with standard eneloops they are tried and tested.

EDIT : what charger are you going to use?

John.

Papadopoulos

Newly Enlightened
Hi,Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm using a La Crosse BC-700 charger.
Weight is not a factor for me as the radio receivers are mounted on a flash stand.
I thought about the Eneloop Lite because of their incredible Low Self Discharge characteristic and because these radio triggers where I'm going to be using them are not high-drain.
Typically, I leave the batteries in the trigger for weeks. So I don't want any surprises with flat batteries.

Etsu

Enlightened
I don't think there will be any difference in performance between the Lites and regulars. I believe the Lites are designed more for abuse, such as draining them down completely (like in solar lights). That's not what you're using them for, so you may as well stick to the regular eneloops and enjoy the longer run time.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Eneloop XX/Pro are promoted by Panasonic to work in higher drain devices than regular Eneloops.. And Eneloop Lite are promoted to work in Low drain devices such as clocks etc.
Not that I have seen tests regarding the drainage, but at least that`s how panasonic promotes their batteries.

mucek

Newly Enlightened
Range shouldn't be affected as the transmitter probably has own voltage stabilizer on the circuit.
The only difference will be autonomy.

Regards,
Gregor