Charger Acting Weird

xHAMx

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I figured this has to be a descent spot. I have a nitecore i4 v2 Intellicharger for charging my 18650s and cr123s and after putting my cr123s through a cycle or two I was thinking there battery life was short. I was thinking it was my batteries and after charging my orbtronic 18650s and them only lasting 2 minutes I figured there was a problem with the charger I threw them back on the charger for 2 hrs and checked the voltage with my multimeter and saw that they were only charging to 3.02v and same thing with my cr123s. I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this and if nitecore customer service would fix/replace my charger or if anyone knows how to fix this or jerry rig a solution all my batteries are protected so if they cant be over charged if someone knows how to jerry rig a fix. Thanks - Hunter

Last edited:

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
You may have to let them charge quite awhile until the voltage comes up more. Some chargers will only charge at very low ma on cells that low.

The Xtar VP1 does that, 42ma if the voltage is below 2.9. I don't know if the I4 does that too. Possible I guess.

Last edited: