• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [SOLD] Well-used McLux-III PD with SSC P4 and custom titanium piston (EU-based)

dcjs

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I've decided to finally part with my long-time EDC. It started life as an ordinary black/slate PD with Luxeon emitter and was then modded with a Seoul SSC P4, adjusting the original reflector and LED height to a gorgeous beam pattern. This particular LED gives me better color rendition than any normal CREE I've tried, although it's not a high CRI verison but normal cold white.

The second modification is the piston, which was custom made by myself. It's 6AL4V titanium and features a tighter fit (less wobble, more precise action) in the tube as well as a slightly protruding, larger button that I greatly prefer over the original. There should be a titanium PD with a similar piston (but with the addition of fine checkering on the thumb surface) floating around on CPF that I sold some years ago. I'm including the original piston (with another o-ring, but without the battery spring). The titanium piston is noticeably lighter than the original nickel plated brass piston and now all the external metal parts besides the tube/head are titanium. Of course you could always use the piston for another PD light, too.

Now for the condition: As I said, this has been my EDC for several years and I have not babied it in any way, but used it as a tool, which includes the occasional drop or not so occasional opening of bottles with the Ti bezel. You can see the marks in the images. All those are cosmetic and don't take away from the usability of the light in any way. It hasn't skipped a beat in all those years. This may be the best PD there is for usability, but it sure isn't the nicest for cosmetics.

d-upright-900_zps38ff0025.jpg

e-upright-600_zpsc8883a7f.jpg

f-upright-300_zps3a6b5fdf.jpg

g-upright-1200_zps4977b657.jpg

a-side-clip_zps039e9a56.jpg

b-side-opposite_zpsedcc6de6.jpg

h-piston-protrusion_zps123f8335.jpg

i-pistons-both_zpsc446b694.jpg

c-centering_zps74960f84.jpg

I'm asking €210 / $275 [SOLD] plus shipping. I can accept Paypal for overseas payment, but would prefer bank transfer within the EU.

Shipping is €6,90 for Germany and €17 for EU countries. Best I can tell from the website, DHL shipping to the US ist €36 for insured trackable shipping, but it might be possible to ship for ~€17 if they offer that particular service for non-online customers, too [edit: found out that this shipping option is incorrectly labeled as including insurance in the online information, which it does not]. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

riser

Newly Enlightened
Re: Well-used McLux-III PD with SSC P4 and custom titanium piston (EU-based)

Will you ship to Australia? If so, I'll take it!

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

Hi, I'll ship anywhere there's a shipping service to. ;)

I'll be at the post office today and ask what the shipping options to Australia are, hopefully there's a better way than the full-blown package for €42.

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

There are two shipping options to Australia:

1. Small package, signed-for but no tracking and insurance only up to €25. Price is €17,90.
2. Trackable package, insured up to €500. Price is €42.

Which one do you prefer?

riser

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the trackable package, less chance of it getting lost in the post, and it's not too much more.

riser

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent!

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

PP received, this light is officially sold to riser! :wave: