Good LED bulb for $5.97

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just a "heads up". I see Menards has a sale on Feit 7.5w LED bulbs thru Sept. 15th. I consider the bulbs to be worthy. My own standard for this means the bulb must be reasonably priced and put out good color with 60 lumens per watt or better.

This bulb is 7.5w, 500 lumens (~67 l/w), dimmable, 3,000K. If there is a down side, I notice a faint buzz when used in my bathroom fixture, perhaps because of the wooden backboard on the fixture.

Another bulb, the Utilitech 7 watt 450 lumen (64 l/w), dimmable was reduced in price from $9.98 to 8.98 at Lowes about a month ago. This is my favorite LED bulb because the color temp seems to be around 3200K (rated 3000K). I like the whiter warm white light that seems brighter.

I've already been using several of these bulbs for a few months and have had no issues.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first Utilitech LED bulb I bought quit the very next day (and I complained in my review), but that was 2-1/2 years ago. Since then I have not had a single failure from a LED bulb of any brand. Most of the complaints I see are older. I think the drivers have improved as well as the efficiency. I now have 20 LED bulbs going. When a bulb quits, you'll be sure to hear about it.

brickbat

Enlightened
It's funny how humans are. I once bought a CFL from Lights of America. It blew out after a few weeks. Same for Feit electric. So they are both on my #$%$ list. Yes - totally anecdotal, I know. But I'm not inclined to try another.