• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Newly Enlightened
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

Nothing but a satisfied customer here!:thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Spent some more time with my friend's X40vn. Loving it! I am really a fan of the UI. A hybrid of variable brightness and special modes distinct detents. This light puts out a beam that is so easy on the eyes to scan a large area. The K40vn is a great thrower/spotter but the hot spot is so narrow. In general uses I would much prefer the X40vn for the more versatile beam. The throw is no slouch either. I usually prefer dome on in a multi-emitter light except for this one. The size is just right too. Any bigger then pocket carry would be impossible. Any smaller then throw would be sacrifice. I really wish the K40vn has the same UI, stainless strike bezel and charging system. Darn it!

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love my copper Maratacs that you upgraded. I love putting them on high and feeling the whole light get warm. I love the tint and output they have. I love to clip the AAA in the coin pocket on my jeans. I love them.

FMcamaroZ28

Newly Enlightened

I love every light I own that you have done for me. The TN31vn is easily my most favorite light among the 100 I probably own.

Requests valid too? Can we PLEASE do a BTU shockerVN? I know its a "budget host" but the quality and mass is there. Plus a negotiated group buy can probably get the host WITH XM-L2's for under $100. After your magic and boosting the current you can make it a real monster.

People on the other forum have these things over 4000 lumens with massive throw.

Please!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I love every light I own that you have done for me. The TN31vn is easily my most favorite light among the 100 I probably own.

Requests valid too? Can we PLEASE do a BTU shockerVN? I know its a "budget host" but the quality and mass is there. Plus a negotiated group buy can probably get the host WITH XM-L2's for under $100. After your magic and boosting the current you can make it a real monster.

People on the other forum have these things over 4000 lumens with massive throw.

Please!!

Let me look around to see if I can get these cheaper if I buy like 10. :)

Grumpy1

Newly Enlightened

Please!!

I would be down for one of these :rock:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You guys know how hard it is to have fun new upcoming projects but are not allow to discuss them yet?! LOL Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

BTU Shocker

If I buy 20 Shocker XML2 version the priced shipped to my door would be around $100 with everything taken into consideration.

Then this driver is needed: http://intl-outdoor.com/xml-multicell-circuit-board-45a-ouput-55126v-p-543.html

So lets say parts alone for this project will be around $115 total

My modding price would be $65. Shipping is another $12

Grand Total = $115+12+65= $192 USA Shipped Who is still in at this price?
International is $212 Shipped

This aint cheap by any means and it's assuming we are doing 20 lights!

I can't do labor any cheaper either.

Well it's something to think about

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, you can count me in for one BTUvn.

I think they are too big and ugly, so getting a stock one was not something I ever considered, but if you're doing the modded one... I'm in.

The only other light I would prefer to see modded is the Fenix RC40, but that light would also require the modding of the battery pack, or turning the battery pack into a carrier.

FMcamaroZ28

Newly Enlightened

I would absolutely be in for one of those.

When they first released they were $199. To have one done by you for less than that you could sell them easy. I know there is a lot of interest on the other site as well (not sure if you branch out over there for your sales)

This is why I can whole heartily say Vinh is one of the best modders around. From inquiry to researched to priced in 4 hours. Incredible.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I am also short on budget to order 20. Let me start up a thread to see if there is significant interest. Otherwise the price would have to be higher at reduced quantity.

I also forgot that the BTU shocker require Copper PCB so that would increase extra costs and labor also.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

A little more numbers cranking yield:

If 20 BTU ordered: $230 Shipped USA, $250 International
If 10 BTU ordered: $240 Shipped USA, $260 International

At these prices guys I don't think there will be a lot of interest.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still in, but going to take roughly until the end of october before I would be able to spend that :eek:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why don't your products arrive in my mailbox yesterday, for free!?

(That's what our customers ask us, anyway).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

One time I got a customer complaint that I keep on reusing USPS Flat rate boxes which make it unattractive for them to receive their new lights in...

I guess he could have asked for a NEW USPS box. :p

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

LMAO... I actually used the same box twice now... went to you, came, back, and went out to you again. Can't wait to get home see if it also made the trip back.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to rant:

change is inevitable, but vinh, don't ever change!

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Did the Jeers sub-forum get deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.