Batteries not being mailed from china

JohnGribbin

Newly Enlightened
I'm hearing that china post is no longer allowing lithium to be air mailed... For safety reasons, unless in the device they are used for.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
This is true. A couple of dealers are no longer selling batteries. The others are trying to find ways around it, but most packages are being returned to the dealers and they are issuing refunds.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Please present some documentation to support your information. Is it Lithium Ion or primary Lithium cells?

Bill

JohnGribbin

Newly Enlightened
I read this in another forum and in deal extremes own forum on their own web site

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
Here is one http://www.fasttech.com/forums/stickies/t/1037107/hk-post-delay-in-outbound-air-mail-services-10

From Wallbuys page...
Now even Singapore Post can not ship the pure battery, then we have to stop selling batteriesbut Singapore Post said if the battery is in the flashlight,then that is available, so if you really need battery, you can choose SKU9839 and send me a email, we will put battery into flashlight.
we will try our best to solve this shipping problem asap

From Dealextreme,,,
Dear all,
We've been informed that for aviation security, airmail service now are prohibited from mailing packages that contain lithium batteries or lithium cells. We therefore have stopped selling all the laptop batteries which may easylier cause confiscation.
All unshipped orders which contains laptop batteries now needs to be cancelled and refunded. The cancellation will be processed within 48 hours. If you have paid it by Credit card, it will take 1-7 days for the refund arrives to you.
We apologize for all inconvenience it has caused you.
Please refer here to get further notification from HK Post.
Best regards
DX Team

There are others but I am having computer trouble at the moment.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Check AW's posts at the Market Place. He can not ship Li-Ion air mail at this time.

Bill

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
From all I have read, if it comes by air, it's banned. Hong Kong Post, China Post, Singapore Post, USPS.. unless a order just happens to slip through, you won't get it. If it's in a order with other items, batteries may not be detected and possibly might get through. Start buying from Ebay from US dealers.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is ridiculous. How is being in the device any safer? So what constitutes a device? A led sticky taped to a plastic tube?

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
This is ridiculous. How is being in the device any safer? So what constitutes a device? A led sticky taped to a plastic tube?

Wallbuys will ship a battery in a flashlight. But who wants to buy a flashlight just for a battery? When I buy, it's generally 8-10 batteries at a time.

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doingoutdoor said

"yes, that's a problem for now. But please do not worry, we still have the way to ship batteries to European countries, so you still can get batteries from us successfully."

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but still free delivery? , or will they put the price of li-ion`s up to cover the cost.

John.

Doingoutdoor said

"yes, that's a problem for now. But please do not worry, we still have the way to ship batteries to European countries, so you still can get batteries from us successfully."

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not scared at all about this brouhaha. It's only a matter of time the Chinese vendors will find a way to ship it when the 'heat' is off.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surely all this means is longer delivery times, not a reason to panic.

A lot of things I have ordered have come on the slow boat rather than airmail, the slow delivery simply goes with the cheap price.

DX for one is still shipping 18650s etc for free, but it will just be surface mail, not airmail.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does that means we are not allowed to carry any of our spare batteries either as a hand carry or as checked-in luggage when we board a flight?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2