The Fenix-Store

Thread: Big improvement to my Streamlight Stinger

Hybrid View

Flashaholic

Default Big improvement to my Streamlight Stinger

I have a 10 year old streamlight stinger that has seen hard use. Lately the beam has been very yellow. Someone here recommeded replacing the bulb and getting a new lense and reflector. That really helped! The new bulb is nice & white, the new reflector is an "orange peel" type rather than a polished reflector.

This is such an improvement that I may actually start using this light at work again.

Anyone know when the stinger lights changed over to the orange peel reflector?

Default Re: Big improvement to my Streamlight Stinger

AR15Fan. It might have been me who suggested replacement parts. It has been about 2 years since SL switched to orange peel reflectors. Really does improve the light quality. Mow if SL would only go to a high rated NiMH battery pack, say around 3 or 3.3 amps, then we would start to see some decent run time. The Super Stinger was good for about 1 1/2 hours, and the Super Stinger when fitted with the ugrade HP head with fully orange peel reflector is an awesome powerhouse with beautiful beam.

Bill

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Big improvement to my Streamlight Stinger

[ QUOTE ]
    Bullzeyebill said:
    AR15Fan. It might have been me who suggested replacement parts. It has been about 2 years since SL switched to orange peel reflectors. Really does improve the light quality. Mow if SL would only go to a high rated NiMH battery pack, say around 3 or 3.3 amps, then we would start to see some decent run time. The Super Stinger was good for about 1 1/2 hours, and the Super Stinger when fitted with the ugrade HP head with fully orange peel reflector is an awesome powerhouse with beautiful beam.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill - Does the orange peel reflector effect the throw at all? My Stinger HP XT cause it has a adjustable wide/spot head has a real descent throw. I would imagine that this orange peel reflector can also be purchased for the Stinger HP XT?