Big improvement to my Streamlight Stinger

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
I have a 10 year old streamlight stinger that has seen hard use. Lately the beam has been very yellow. Someone here recommeded replacing the bulb and getting a new lense and reflector. That really helped! The new bulb is nice & white, the new reflector is an "orange peel" type rather than a polished reflector.

This is such an improvement that I may actually start using this light at work again.

Anyone know when the stinger lights changed over to the orange peel reflector?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
AR15Fan. It might have been me who suggested replacement parts. It has been about 2 years since SL switched to orange peel reflectors. Really does improve the light quality. Mow if SL would only go to a high rated NiMH battery pack, say around 3 or 3.3 amps, then we would start to see some decent run time. The Super Stinger was good for about 1 1/2 hours, and the Super Stinger when fitted with the ugrade HP head with fully orange peel reflector is an awesome powerhouse with beautiful beam.

Bill

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
AR15Fan. It might have been me who suggested replacement parts. It has been about 2 years since SL switched to orange peel reflectors. Really does improve the light quality. Mow if SL would only go to a high rated NiMH battery pack, say around 3 or 3.3 amps, then we would start to see some decent run time. The Super Stinger was good for about 1 1/2 hours, and the Super Stinger when fitted with the ugrade HP head with fully orange peel reflector is an awesome powerhouse with beautiful beam.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill - Does the orange peel reflector effect the throw at all? My Stinger HP XT cause it has a adjustable wide/spot head has a real descent throw. I would imagine that this orange peel reflector can also be purchased for the Stinger HP XT?