ARC AA died on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Last night, I needed use ARC AA and when i turn on the ARC AA. The light pop off. I thought AA battery run out and i went get new fresh AA battery. I tried turn on and it doesn't come out at all. I said wow ARC AA died on me?! DAMMMMMMMN

I have not drop or beat up ARC AA.. I only used less 1 hour so far on that ARC AA. What happen?! Must be defective or what? Do i need return to ARC to get replacement the ARC AA firsts?

Frangible

Enlightened
What type of batteries are you using? Some people have reported problems with using cheap zinc batteries that made a bad contact with the negative electrode.

nexro

Enlightened
I guess you should try it out with some other AA batteries you might have. If that doesn't work, you definately have to return it to get a replacement. Good luck!

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
I am using ARC's battery and other I tried rayovac and the titanium? I forgot name.. No luck

nexro

Enlightened
Energizer E2 titanium i assume... I guess you will have to send the light back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try to clean the contacts with an eraser first (including the nibs on the battery). Mine started flickering after about a week. After spending 30 seconds with an eraser, it hasn't flickered since. It never flat out died, though, so you may have a more severe problem.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I did tried with eraser and no success.

[ QUOTE ]
Lux Luthor said:
You should try to clean the contacts with an eraser first (including the nibs on the battery). Mine started flickering after about a week. After spending 30 seconds with an eraser, it hasn't flickered since. It never flat out died, though, so you may have a more severe problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Yes, that one i tried fresh battery in my ARC AA no luck :-\

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Energizer E2 titanium i assume... I guess you will have to send the light back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mattman

Enlightened
Hmmm, if it just popped off, then I would think you had some sort of sudden internal failure in the light itself. I'd send it back to Peter.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
I got word from Peter's wife and She said for me to send to the ARC shop. I will send tomorrow and get the replacement.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.