Spyderco under $100 what to get?

american

Enlightened
Yes Edc replacing an sog trident looked at a endura 4 and another locally but double the price as online so I held off

cyclesport

Enlightened
At approx. $100 (and sometimes under w/a little judicious googling) the Sage 1 is a LOT of people's idea of the best EDC folder currently available from, not only Spyderco...but any production knife manufacturer!

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two favourite EDC sub-$100 Spydies:
Translucent blue Manix2 (CTS-BD1)
DSCF3525.JPG

and/or
Endura 4 FFG (VG-10).
IMG_0227-2.JPG

They're both a good size for my liking, not too small, but both light to carry.
I've been carrying the Endura 4 every day for a long time now, and I just recently got the Manix2, which is even lighter but just as strong.
They both lock up strongly, have a good easy release mechanism, and have good blade steel that holds an edge well.
Neither are collectors items, but good functional blades.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Manix 2 Lightweight is my personal favorite under $100. It's lightweight, but it's a big knife that works hard. Doesn't take abuse like the Endura or regular Manix, but it carries as invisibly as a small knife but fills the hand and cuts like a huge one.

It's a real gem of a knife for those who like big knives but hate heavy pockets.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endura. if that's too big for your hands or preferred carry method, then Delica.

End of story. Fantastic knives, fully ambidextrous if need be, and very rugged.

diesel79

Enlightened
Stretch, or if you can hold out until the cutlery shoppe has some paramilitary 2'a they are priced just over 100. 104 I think.

canadadude2

Newly Enlightened
The thing that bothers me about the Caly3 is that for such a premium and otherwise fine Spyderco, it doesn't have phosphor bronze washers like other Spydies. I can't tolerate that grind in the action,especially at the Caly's pricepoint.

canadadude2

Newly Enlightened
And to answer your question, the Stretch is hard to beat as a general use knife. It's just wonderful in the hand and very strong. The founder of Spyderco carries it as his EDC, which says something.

carrot

Flashaholic
The thing that bothers me about the Caly3 is that for such a premium and otherwise fine Spyderco, it doesn't have phosphor bronze washers like other Spydies. I can't tolerate that grind in the action,especially at the Caly's pricepoint.

The Caly3 is specifically made this way because they polish the liners instead very smooth. It is made with a more precise fit. If a Caly gets gritty, it can just be flushed out with warm water and soap and a drop of oil will make it glass smooth again.

Latest posts