Petzl Strix

Szemhazai

Enlightened
Have it on hand - works, but it's 1xAA, in maximal mode will give you only 45 lumens for 4,5h - it's enough for walking but nothing more.
The knob steering works smoothly, head alignment also.
The price is a killer - the Military version with IR leds costs about 160 USD, standard 120 (based on exchange rate to PLN).
906x.jpg

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Have it on hand - works, but it's 1xAA, in maximal mode will give you only 45 lumens for 4,5h - it's enough for walking but nothing more.
The knob steering works smoothly, head alignment also.
The price is a killer - the Military version with IR leds costs about 160 USD, standard 120 (based on exchange rate to PLN).
906x.jpg

hey thanks for reply. want it badly after saw it. but 45 lumens its quite low from my expectation. dont mind if you can share where can i get these headlamps

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
hey thanks for reply. want it badly after saw it. but 45 lumens its quite low from my expectation. dont mind if you can share where can i get these headlamps
Strange, can't start a new paragraph tonight? Anyway, I believe it's conceived for military stealth operations so therefore they can get away with the lowish output. I remember the days when I wanted that. And I see them on Amazon.com. Me, I wish they'd built this one around the CR123 battery.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange, can't start a new paragraph tonight? Anyway, I believe it's conceived for military stealth operations so therefore they can get away with the lowish output. I remember the days when I wanted that. And I see them on Amazon.com. Me, I wish they'd built this one around the CR123 battery.

+1 on the CR123 format to make it smaller but it might be too small with all the knobs and swivel head of it.

Sounds like a perfect stealth light and the .34 lumen low sounds like they designed this intelligently, as with the starting on lowest or most discreet first. I wish every headlamp was designed like this.

This may be my first Petzl headlamp purchase as I hate multicell headlamps especially ones with a goofy battery pack... yes I am talking to you too Fenix!

hopkins

Enlightened
Looks great. I want one and I'll accept one as a gift from Santa but otherwise Yikes!
If you want a stealth-ed headlamp just
splice a resister and a switch into the cable from a remote battery pack.
You can have 0.27 lumens or whatever for a lot less.