3D printer makes molds for LED dog collar

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
collar2.gif

Read how this Amiglo illuminated dog collar was prototyped using 3D printer technology.

Harrkev

Enlightened
"Fabbers" are pretty cool, but expensive. I have played with some models made by stereolithography machines.

Just imagine the flashlights that will be made by hobyists when everybody can make their own custom plastic case.

The, just add your own custom pc-board making machine, and you are a one-man design and production facility.

Those PC-board machines work like a flat-bed plotter, but using a drill bit instead of a pen. I have used them, and they are quite neat. You can built circuit boards, and then use them to cut wood (model aircraft plywood) to make a box or chassis.

M

MeridianTactical

Hey Guys,

I have access to a few different types of 3D Printers for rapid prototyping. Including a ABS Deposition prosses.

You can use the Rapid Prototype part to make a urthane mold and cast plastic parts that come close to injection moded parts.

So if any of you need this or any engineering/CAD services let me know... I just dont sell flashlights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a close friend who is an industrial designer. Mostly makes prototypes for candy and medicinal containers. He's in his 60's and does it the old fashioned way. When I mentioned stereolithography machines he shuddered and mumbled under his breath something about young, PC savvy designers putting him out of business with those things. I didn't bring it up again.