When Zebralight will be bringing back cool white versions of their lights???

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a vague answer. Anyone else hear what's going on with this and when a H600 / H52 / H32 / H302 will be offered in cool white? I can't stand neutral and that's all that is available now. Nothing is even listed in the zebralight comparison page for anything cool white.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping they would bring back their red versions. I did notice the H51r is back on sale for US customers only. Under the discontinued products. Seriously thinking about picking one of those up before they are gone.

Phry

Banned
Seriously, no comments? Am I the only one waiting for cool white here?

You are not alone.

When I see neutral and warm written to me it just says yellow and not as bright.

Cool white is all I need, hurry up Zebralight!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank God, I thought I was the last person thinking this.

You are not alone.

When I see neutral and warm written to me it just says yellow and not as bright.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not alone.

Have you used a Nichia 219 4500k? Do you think it is yellow when used outdoor? I have a lot of Eagletac NW lights, and these are not yellow to me when used outdoor, but I have other NWs with lower color temperature that appears yellow/orange. With the high color temperature Zebralight have chosen for their latest NW lights, I'm not so sure it will appear yellow when used outdoor.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you used a Nichia 219 4500k? Do you think it is yellow when used outdoor? I have a lot of Eagletac NW lights, and these are not yellow to me when used outdoor, but I have other NWs with lower color temperature that appears yellow/orange. With the high color temperature Zebralight have chosen for their latest NW lights, I'm not so sure it will appear yellow when used outdoor.

How recent? I had a H31w just because of the hype and I hated that sickly yellow almost incandescant coloring which to me was the opposite of why people liked LEDs in the first place; a whiter white tint. Needless to say I returned it to GOingGear and had him send me a cool white version that I have been very happy with ever since.

I saw pics of comparisons of H600w, H602W and an older H600 cool white on this forum a few weeks ago and from all the pics it showed the same kind of dimly lit incandescant look that I cant stand. The cool white appeared more focused and clear, which is what I prefer and strangely I would think everyone should prefer that as well.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked again right now on Zebralight's Spreadsheet from the link in my signature, and it now lists the H600, H600F, H602, H52F, H32F, H32, H302 available in 10/2013. There are only 11 days left in this month. Will they be up for pre-order at least by then? Take your bets... Strange there was no listing for a bog blasted H52, not that I care as I will get the flood version.

Last edited:

Planz

Newly Enlightened
Between cool white, neutral and daylight, I like daylight best.
Best is zebra keeps all the combos available.

offtrail

Newly Enlightened
H600 Mk II 18650 XM-L2 Headlamp Cool White Pre-order. Approx shipping date: November 8, 2013

H600F Mk II Floody 18650 XM-L2 Headlamp Cool White Pre-order. Approx shipping date: November 8, 2013

H602 18650 XM-L2 Flood Headlamp Cool White Pre-order. Aprox shipping date: November 8, 2013.

(From an email received today @ 10:02 PM, EDT)

Looks like someone is listening to the best, most knowledgeable forum members in the dark...............er,......make that light.

EDIT: By that, I mean ALL Candlepower Forum Members, whether your preference is cool white, neutral white, warm white or
black white.

YEAH!!!! Piggybank break-in time!!!!

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
My first two Zebralights were cool whites. I sold both. I found the tint on both were the worst I've ever seen in a cool white. Even worse than my "blue" Rayovac Indestructible. Since their XM-L2 neutral whites are puke green/yellow, I'm very tempted to try another cool white after 2 years and see if they're any better.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
But 6300K [of new H52 c-w] is beyond cool-white. One needs to get way under 3500K to match incandescent/halogen.
I suggest for anyone that they find out what vitamin/trace mineral/essential fatty acid that you are deficient in? Don't bother to ask an ordinary MD, because most have never taken more than a token class in medical nutrition. Hell 95% of this country is deficient in iodine. All the halogens in the water supply help to see that. The very small amount of iodine in salt is enough to prevent goiters, nothing more.

markr6

Flashaholic
But 6300K [of new H52 c-w] is beyond cool-white. One needs to get way under 3500K to match incandescent/halogen.
I suggest for anyone that they find out what vitamin/trace mineral/essential fatty acid that you are deficient in? Don't bother to ask an ordinary MD, because most have never taken more than a token class in medical nutrition. Hell 95% of this country is deficient in iodine. All the halogens in the water supply help to see that. The very small amount of iodine in salt is enough to prevent goiters, nothing more.

LOL! 6300K is pretty insane. I think if the "cool white" and "neutral white" battle didn't exist, a 5000K would be a nice compromise.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching some YouTube videos of LED interior lighting. 5K was cool, 4K was neutral, 3K was warm, 2700 was 'extra warm white'.
TCP sells some BR30 bulbs, and they offer a 2400K, wow. (and not the special kind of dimming=lower CCT)

I understand that some people have experienced more yellowing of the eye from age/and or UV exposure, or just random human variation. So, for them a 5000K would appear the same as a 4000K.
There just needs to be clarity and honesty in the flashlight world.

Planz

Newly Enlightened
LOL! 6300K is pretty insane. I think if the "cool white" and "neutral white" battle didn't exist, a 5000K would be a nice compromise.

Yes, that would be Zebra's daylight. I hope Zebra continues to make them