Angryfox        
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

All, got my Aqua Ram. Gotta say, the ergonomics are special. I have been collecting and playing with lights for about 7 years now. This one feels great in the hand. Much better than boring old round.

I thought it was going to be bigger than it is. Really nice mid sized light.

Nice work Don!

eala
    Last edited by eala; 07-25-2016 at 08:37 PM.

I wanted to chime in here after reading this thread, great job on these lights.
    Some months ago I started to order a mule 119v I injured my back hauling a dish machine at work the day after so I had to cancel unfortunately.
    I now have other obligations and I am not going to be in any serious water for at least 2 years so I am going to have to wait on ordering one of these for a while.
    Maybe I will get one eventually because I want to try getting into freediving someday.

Thanks for the interesting thread.
    The darkness is not my enemy, it is just where they hide: my fears, the unknown, and those that would do harm fear the light. I must always carry it with me to dispel the darkness and reveal the truth...

I really can't decide which emitter to get..If I like warmer tints, is the 119V the only option? What tint is Don using for the XPG2? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by helios123 View Post
    I really can't decide which emitter to get..If I like warmer tints, is the 119V the only option? What tint is Don using for the XPG2? Cheers!
    The tint on my XPG2 AquaRam ordered quite a long time ago was a glorious warmish tint with quite high CRI (IIRC, Don said the CRI on them was around 80)
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

Purchased the AquaRam when they first became avail with the XPG2, it's a warmish white if there's such a thing, perfect for my evening walks.
    Collecting is all about what you don't have

The XPG2 LED's I am using are of a warm/ neutral tint. Although I have replenished these LED's a couple times I have stuck with the same tint bin which has provided for good CRI and neutral (a bit warm to my eyes) tint.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Thanks Don. Let me finish up my thoughts and will get back to you soon!

Glenn

**deleted** found the answer to my question
    Last edited by HRace; 10-22-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Don, email sent for Aqua/Terra ram order! (I haven't decided which one yet) Anyone have both bodies, and can comment on the feel in hand?
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Post # 493 from PoliceScannerMan:
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I own both, the Aqua in my opinion feels better in the hand and in the pocket. (Plus its shorter making it more pocket friendly) The Terra is easier to use however with a single handed click rather than the Aqua's two fisted twist. If I had to choose, I would go Aqua. The Aqua just looks cooler and feels more robust. With all that said I am glad I won both as they both have there niches in my collection.

Is the flood area (spill angle) the same on the rams between the XP-G2 vs XM-L2? The XM-L2 has definitely been described as the floodier of the 2 but since they both use the same reflector, I'm trying to understand if the actual area illuminated by spill light is the same but the XM-L2 simply places more lumens in the spill portion of the beam or if the XM-L2 actually has a wider spill in its output. run4jc's review with beam shots of the XM-L2 aquaram definitely shows that the spill is wider than the haiku 3S with a 119V, I was just wondering if the XP-G2 shared that greater illlumimation area vs the haiku.

It's not just a function of the reflector, but also relates to the size of the light source (emitter) ....
    ... is the archimedes peak

I have a TerraRam with a XPG2, and the spill area is the same size as the spill on my Haiku. (XPL Hi led) I agree with others in that the tint on Don's XPG2's is the best I've seen! I almost prefer it the Nichia 119/219. Almost like a very white incandescent bulb.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Thanks for the quick answers!

I've been using the Aquaram as a dive light for about a year now, and I love it. On a recent dive trip, a fellow diver introduced me to the magic of using UV light to see the florescence of corals, especially on night dives. Amazing stuff.

Is the Aquaram available with a UV LED? Or any thoughts on making an LS27-like version of the 'ram with a visible light LED in the reflector with a ring of UVs as the floods? That, IMHO, would be the ultimate dive light.

Quote Originally Posted by transultimate View Post
    I've been using the Aquaram as a dive light for about a year now, and I love it. On a recent dive trip, a fellow diver introduced me to the magic of using UV light to see the florescence of corals, especially on night dives. Amazing stuff.

Is the Aquaram available with a UV LED? Or any thoughts on making an LS27-like version of the 'ram with a visible light LED in the reflector with a ring of UVs as the floods? That, IMHO, would be the ultimate dive light.
    I have an AquaMule in both 365 UV and Royal Blue. Both fluoresce the coral but some more than others. I think the research points to royal blue being a better choice? The AquaRam would be a viable host for either type as well.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021