NEWBIE HERE.. AND.. Review of NEW Duracell ION SPEED 4000 CHGR (testing in progress)

BOBA FETT

Newly Enlightened
Greetings Earthlings,

This is a cool forum...tons of knowledge here... will enjoy very much, since im kind of stuck on places
to shop locally ( high up in the Rocky Mountains, wally world is all i got... so i purchased some 2400mah NIMH cells (6) and a charger to which i couldnt find much on as far as reviews.. perhaps its too new..so I thought id just do one...(reviews not my thing..but hey..this could be the start of my literary career...LOL who knows...)

So.. Ive first started out by timing the length of charge from retail package to full chg indicator... the battery's (4 AA ) measured all about 1.0 volts right out of the pkg.. but that as im sure you know is a
reference charge applied at the factory... it was neither deep or lengthy... which is what a good charge on any battery needs to provide sustained use. The Charger itself was very well built and felt very solid and of quality, the cells fit and removed easily from it. My Concern was the pkg stated it took 2 hrs to fully chg most any cells.. Im thinking that's for 2 cells.. id imagine the first full chg will take about 3 hrs.. but we shall see...about 2 hrs left out of that 3 hr estimation now...

What im going to watch for is the CELLS GETTING TOO HOT... HEAT DESTROYS BATTERYS OVER TIME....if they get too hot.. ill pull the chgr from the wall and let them cool..then go for it agian..
if a chgr is built right.. it will time the charge and intenisity of the charge so the batterys do not overheat... warm.. or pretty warm on a fast chg is normal over say 5 to 8 hrs.. HOT ON A 3 HR CHG IS NOT GOOD...
will be watching....
after full chg and letting them cool to room temp, ill test them for length of use on my NEW 3 AAA Super bright LED MINI MAG ( Std MINIMAG LOOK - 3 AAA , 8 inches long..) IT STATES IT HAS A 3 WATT LED WITH POWER CONTROL ELECTRONICS. ...HMMM... we shall see...LOL

i will measure the attained voltage of each cell after full chg with a quality MULTI METER...

im basically just watching parameters and preformance of this charger...to let others know if its any
good... this of course will have to take place over a period of time.. and since i use my light all night long 5 nights a week... i should be able to give a good accounting of the charger... provided the duracell rechargbles are good quality.

thanks.. BF