Have you used an L4 as a weaponlight?

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Has anyone used an L4 mounted on a rifle or shotgun? If so, how did it work and what mount did you use? The new SF Scoutlight can use the KL4 and is supposed to stand up to 12ga. recoil. I want to put mine on an AK-47.

Size15's

Flashaholic
To you think the output/beam of the L4 is enough for an AK-47?

There should be no problems using a KLx such as the KL4, KL5 or KL6 on a Weapon in terms of recoil. The body of the L4 is not designed as a WeaponLight though so heavy recoil weapons may damage the SF123As. I suggest you try it at a low-light range or course before using it for real.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Why do I scare you?

SureFire are working really hard to make LED WeaponLights a reality. The first will be the X200A Handgun WeaponLight. This comes with two mounts as standard so you can put it on a rail on a larger firearm than a Handgun.

Al

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
I bought a rail mount from tactical warehouse for my friends L4 to put on his AR15 .seems to work ok..The person behind bars said he couldnt see a thing

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Al, It would be for short range use, so the output and throw would just fine. Do you know if the Scout light will be using the weaponlight battery packs? The recoil of an 7.62x39 AK isn't much worse than an M16/AR15. This light is using an MN03, so I would think if that bulb can take it, the batteries could too unless there an insulated mount in it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
A lot about the "ScoutLights" is not yet known.

The SF223AC's I have do not work with the L4 but they work with the E2e with the bezel screwed down really, really, tight.

Putting an L4 shouldn't be a problem on an AK47 because people put G2's on many different firearms as a cheap alternative to a dedicated WeaponLight.

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: We HAVE used a L4 as a weaponlight!

He who was dot,

Prior to self destruct, can you provide any guidance on the brand of duct tape used? They are not all equal as I am sure you know! While waiting for more refined methods of attachment, one should always be prepared for the unexpected. It might be handy to know the brand of choice for a roll of "The Force" (in case you missed it, the reference is to having a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together). Although in apparent jest, I do seek enlightenment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

L4 duct-taped to a shoulder weapon

Dunno about the brand. I found it in the Shooting Range latrine next to a pile of old phone books. Probably been there since Jesus was a corporal.

Frangible

Enlightened
Re: L4 duct-taped to a shoulder weapon

Heh, are there any MP5k-PDWs that are class III'd in existance?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Uh,

It wasn't on a dispenser next to the seat with the relieved large counter bore in it was it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the P60/P61 lamp used in the G2 has a spring on the lamp assembly, so the batteries are suspended between two springs...if i'm not the KL4 does not have a spring, so wouldn't that cause the batteries and the KL4 to damage each other?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

yea that might explain it...i'll know when i get my L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nah,
Paper was on the dispenser, but electrical tape was found directly below it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif