My new toy

Billy Ram

Enlightened
001_zps502e2d52.jpg

004_zps80069120.jpg

006_zpsffa2d45f.jpg

The light has 20,000,000 cp Halogen written on it but it is advertised to be 100w hid. We know it doesn't have 100w at the bulb but it does have a extreme intense hot spot with out much spill. It's not quite as bulky as the Thor lights with only a 6.5" reflector but has a tightly focused pincil beam. It has a fan inside to keep things cool and the battery is easily removed making it easy to change in the field if I only had a spare.
Billy

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not mistaken, the handle pivots in front so the light can be held in sort or a pistol grip fashion.

Yeah, it looks that way. I had a halogen spotlight with a similar size and handle like that. It had a yellow body and black handle and had a 50 or 100 watt H3 bulb IIRC.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
The name on it is Sunca and it came from Aliexpress $195 delivered. The handle does swivel 180* and there are many variations of this light. I've seen Halogen, 35w, 55w and 100w HID on Aliexpress as well as several other websites. I was searching for a host and components to build a 75-100w HID when I ran across this light. Being close to what I was planning to build I ordered it. The light is fun and didn't disappoint on throw. I would like to get my hands on another battery pack to load with a better battery arrangement.
Billy

Doberman

Newly Enlightened
Interesting light, thanks for showing.
May i ask the weight of it and if it´s well balanced ? Any run-time results so far ? Did you take a look into the battery pack ? According to the 2nd picture the bulb somehow looks not to be centered, but this might be an optical thing due to the angle the picture is taken from .

Hm, my trigger is pulling.

Regards
Doberman

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Interesting light, thanks for showing.
May i ask the weight of it and if it´s well balanced ? Any run-time results so far ? Did you take a look into the battery pack ? According to the 2nd picture the bulb somehow looks not to be centered, but this might be an optical thing due to the angle the picture is taken from .

Hm, my trigger is pulling.

Regards
Doberman
The light weighs a bit less than 6.5 lbs and is farely well balanced with more weight to the rear. I haven't done any runtime test or looked into the battery pack. It's stated to be a 5.5ah SLA battery so the run time is easily figured. " 30 mins or so" The bulb seems to be farely well centered and has a round hot spot that's so bright you have to use sun glasses to be able to see.
Billy

larryk

Enlightened
I bought one of those lights from member Lips several years ago. Mine does not have the cooling fan and has a 4s5p lithium polymer battery inside. Mine says 12v on the battery pack and 12v on the charging imput, but is a 16.8 volt battery pack.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I bought one of those lights from member Lips several years ago. Mine does not have the cooling fan and has a 4s5p lithium polymer battery inside. Mine says 12v on the battery pack and 12v on the charging imput, but is a 16.8 volt battery pack
I need to upgrade my battery pack to something with more run time and less charging time. What's the capacity of that battery pack?
Thank you for posting
Billy

Last edited:

larryk

Enlightened
I'm not sure about the capacity of my pack, the cells do not list there size. If I were to guess it is about the same capacity as yours. Have you looked inside your pack ? There does not seem to be enough room for a 5.5ah SLA battery. What is the voltage of your pack measured across the battery pack terminals ?

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I'm not sure about the capacity of my pack, the cells do not list there size. If I were to guess it is about the same capacity as yours. Have you looked inside your pack ? There does not seem to be enough room for a 5.5ah SLA battery. What is the voltage of your pack measured across the battery pack terminals ?
The battery in side is marked RB1255E 12v. 5.5ah and measures 4"x3.5"x2-11/16". Now what may make this battery differant is it says charge @ 14.5-15v. and it holds 13.5v. at rest. I don't see any 5.5ah batteries this size either. The closest in the same size is a Power Sonic PS-1250 5ah or Powerizer LiFePo4 5ah. The Powerizer may be something to look into with much lighter weight, 2.3 hr charging time with 60wh.
Billy

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Update
Well the trigger type switch didn't last very long and I didn't like it anyway. You had to pull the trigger and push the cross pin to make it stay on. The cross pin broke and locked the switch closed so I replaced it with a push button switch. The switch doesn't carry the load and only pulls in a relay. While in there I took a look at the board to see why my charger wasn't wanting to charge the battery with much current and found a resistor between charging port and the battery. I can't figure out why this is in there so I jumped it out and the charger works well now. The wall wart that came with the light is junk and I use my hobby charger.
004_zpsae4699b9.jpg

Jumper
001_zps43fecf24.jpg

Switch
005_zps6911ac60.jpg

Billy