USPS says delivered, but not received...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ok..where's my "I'm stupid" sign? I recently bought a Black McLux PR, DB 700, R2H from a reliable member of our CPF. I did not ask/pay for insurance. Delivery confimation says it was delivered, but the package never actually arrived at my house.

The ole' Post Office "says" they are looking (and who knows, maybe they will find it...I hope...I hope). I contacted my neighbors, posted a "REWARD" notice on my post box indicating the delivery confirmation number...

Any thoughts, further direction, and/or guidance that would contribute to me not being out of a hundred bucks would be GREATLY appreciated!!

B@rt

Flashaholic
whatsup2.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Sorry to hear this Sigman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope it still will turn up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sigman,

It may not be of much help, but wanted to point out that USPS insurance is a JOKE! I had an insured delivery disappear and filed a claim in March. Since then I've had to fill out about 20 forms at three different times (as did the person on the other end) and still have not seen a dime.

Sorry to hear about the loss and hope it shows up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
Oh Man, that sucks!
The post office will probably find out where it was delivered.

I recently did a trade for some knives and the other guy wanted signature required. Not insured just signature req.
I thought it was foolish instead of just getting delivery confirm.
Now after Sigman's problem, I see the light and will use signature required more often.

PS Signature required was more $ than insured with signature.
Tom

Big Tex

Enlightened
USPS will make ones hair fall out. They also require proof of the value of the item lost before they will pay on an insurance claim if you elected to insure the item. They lost a custom knife I had shipped and I had bought this knife from another collector and he didn't have the original receipt from the maker. I had to write the maker for a receipt/value proof before they would pay the claim. The process took a long time. The USPS is ok if nothing goes wrong with the process.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Rick,

The only thing I know for sure is that the USPS is a little slow on dealing with these types of problems. Given the time of the year, the process my even be a bit slower than normal.

On the bright side, perhaps the postal carrier just missed it in the bottom of the bag...

Good luck.

Tom

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same thing happened to me earlier this year. The post office was no help whatsoever. I'm sure someone else got my package and was enjoying it very much. It was ony a $10 DVD, so I didn't go to the ends of the Earth to persue it, so I cut my losses and run. I guess the "signatur required" option is the way to go. I told the post office not to deliver any packages to my apartment because I have long hours at work sometimes, and I don't want packages just sitting in the hallway begging to be stolen all day. Now they just leave a note in my mailbox, and I go down to the Post Office and get the package when I get the chance.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once went to the post office to insure and send a package. The man behind the counter gave me some good advice. He gave me directions to the Fedex office. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have learned that while the USPS can be unreliable at times, UPS and FedEx can be just as bad, only problem is they are more expensive.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman, i experienced the same thing before, 2 packages, though of a LOT less value than yours. One package finally turned out to me, all wrappings messed up but still intact, nonetheless. The other never made it to my door /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i hope you get your package.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
<font color="blue">"FOUND"</font>

My two teenage sons and wife just returned from a "Lost Flashight Parts Safari" and scored!

A neighbor (who had been out of town and just returned) had it (my addy is 9520 - they are 9620)! It was addressed correctly and very legible I might add! "Substitute" postman...man don't they have to take some sort of "round peg in the round hole" test before they are turned loose for the holidays? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Certainly appreciate the comments and just want to say to everyone to have a little patience and DON'T give up on the investigative trail!

It worked out this time!

I did pay for insurance on an antique wallphone (an eBay purchase)...it arrived basically crushed. The U.S. Post Office did make good on the purchase price, but it took about 6 months.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman

I'm glad you got it OK. You haven't lived until your parked car was rammed into by a postal vehicle. I came out from work and walked up to my crumpled car with an apology note on the windshield from the USPS driver. That took about 6 months to resolve.

Marty

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
<font color="blue">"FOUND"</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

T_sig6.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad that it they found it for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I had that happen to me once before, and it turned out that it was still on the mail truck.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Let see, the only others that I can remember (in my entire 49 years):

A fruitcake from my mother (yes the replacement was probably just as good as the one she originally sent, actually better - because I got to eat the replacement! Yes, I'm one who enjoys fruitcake!)

A shipment of 12 of the little Pelican L1 lights from CountyComm. They were never found, however Frank/Nick replaced them all! (Suspect someone found out what they were <i.e. from a damaged package or who knows?> and proceeded to enjoy them instead of getting them to the correct shipping address!)

And this one, which of course was indeed found!

Not bad..."I guess".

TOB9595

Enlightened
Not bad at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Whenever I had things like this happen I notify the postmaster in my sleepy little town.
This is just to inspire better care of my packages.
It has helped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The fill in delivery folk are the ones I've had problems with. I guess they're in a hurry and figure the recipients will get it all sorted out
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tom