L4 surprise after a newly fallen snow

brightnorm

Flashaholic
It's fun to shine a bright beam after a newly fallen snow when multiple amplified reflections create an almost magical effect. Almost any good flashlight will provide pleasure in the white-carpeted landscape. But the L4...ah, there is Flashaholic heaven as that tiny little thing casts its broad brilliant swath, its remarkable "wall of light" over the frozen stillness. The "country" Flashaholic's ecstasy contrasts with the muted pleasure of the "city" Flashaholics whose L4s struggle bravely to compete with urban civilization's curse of over-abundant lumens.

Lucky rural Flashaholics!

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: L4 after a newly fallen snow: brilliant poetry of light

Unfortunately no camera though I realize that my title could imply pictures. Sorry about that. I was thinking more along the lines of others describing their reactions.

Brightnorm

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: L4 after a newly fallen snow: brilliant poetry of light

Yep betcha the nice white beam of the L4 lets you find and avoid patches of yellow snow easier too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GregR

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: L4 after a newly fallen snow: brilliant poetry

I had some fun out there tonight with my torches as well. Unfortunately, I can't get manual shutter settings to capture that cone of light. It is beautiful.

Wilkey

Skyline

Enlightened
Re: L4 after a newly fallen snow: brilliant poetry

Hehe, L4? I abused the falling NYC snow with the full 500+ lumens fury of my 10X. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It was fun!

"Is it still snowing outside?"
(Let's see...)
*massive light beam shoots out the front door*
"Yup, still snowing."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif