Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: HELP WITH THESE 2 CHARGERS

Default HELP WITH THESE 2 CHARGERS

Hi all .. i have the nightcore intellicharger i4 v2 and v2. when charging my 18650 batteries on the the v2 they get very hot. Also when i test with my dvm they are charging to 4.60 volts. What;s the scoop on this charger guys ? thank;s.

Default Re: HELP WITH THESE 2 CHARGERS

i4 V2 is generally ok, but 4.6 volt is not good. Try replacing the batteries in your DMM.
    My website with flashlight, battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 200 battery reviews and 80 charger reviews.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Or try to confirm the reading with another DMM. I assume you mean the i4v2 and the i2. Which one is giving you this problem and are you getting different results with the other charger?
    If the reading is truly correct (unlikely), you must get rid of the charger and batteries in question ASAP, for your safety.
    Last edited by oKtosiTe; 11-05-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Smile Re: HELP WITH THESE 2 CHARGERS

Ok .. Yup batterie shot on dvm. I4 is working great; however I 2 is terminating too high so I'm getting rid of the i2 thanks for the help guys.

If your i2 charge battery to so high voltage, you should send it back for repair. It must be something wrong and never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by kolinking View Post
    If your i2 charge battery to so high voltage, you should send it back for repair. It must be something wrong and never use it.
    Yup.. Im gonna sent it back. New 18650;s terminated at 4.35

Enlightened

Default Beware this overcharger too

Overcharging to 4.6V is bad enough, but beware there are even worse devices, e.g. cheap eBay chargers that overcharge at 12V (according to eBay reviews). It is scary and puzzling that 173 of these were sold to unwary buyers. Hopefully only some of the devices were defective.

Below is a picture of said device. Please spread the word about the danger of this device so that no one suffers property loss or personal injury.