HELP WITH THESE 2 CHARGERS

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Hi all .. i have the nightcore intellicharger i4 v2 and v2. when charging my 18650 batteries on the the v2 they get very hot. Also when i test with my dvm they are charging to 4.60 volts. What;s the scoop on this charger guys ? thank;s.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Or try to confirm the reading with another DMM. I assume you mean the i4v2 and the i2. Which one is giving you this problem and are you getting different results with the other charger?
If the reading is truly correct (unlikely), you must get rid of the charger and batteries in question ASAP, for your safety.

Last edited:

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Ok .. Yup batterie shot on dvm. I4 is working great; however I 2 is terminating too high so I'm getting rid of the i2 thanks for the help guys.

kolinking

Newly Enlightened
If your i2 charge battery to so high voltage, you should send it back for repair. It must be something wrong and never use it.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beware this overcharger too

Overcharging to 4.6V is bad enough, but beware there are even worse devices, e.g. cheap eBay chargers that overcharge at 12V (according to eBay reviews). It is scary and puzzling that 173 of these were sold to unwary buyers. Hopefully only some of the devices were defective.

Below is a picture of said device. Please spread the word about the danger of this device so that no one suffers property loss or personal injury.
McDuUrq.jpg