Is there anybody out there who would do a repair?

gunlobbyist

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire M3 Combatlight it flickers as if the batteries are moving in the tube. Anybody out there willing to do a repair?

OR any suggestions on what it might be?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inner contact spring of the lamp assembly might be a bit too short. Or the head or body might be slightly out of spec. Do you have another body to try the head on? Or another lamp to try in the light?

That's where I would start for troubleshooting. What type of batteries and switch are you using? Are you using the stock MN10 or MN11 lamp assemblies?

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
If you're unable to repair it yourself, contact SureFire customer support (calling is better than emailing). Your flashlight has a lifetime warranty, and SureFire's customer support is among the best in the business.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inner contact spring of the lamp assembly might be a bit too short.

That or the taicap spring one has become softer.... It is easy to check, both are the same spring, see which is the shorter.

BTW battery stack length is a critical dimension in the function of the surefire twisty/momentary switches

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
This happens to me on occasion with my Surefire Incans. I'm pretty much exclusively incan, and only use Surefire...just love them. Period.
My personal solution is pretty common...I use Neodynium magnets to lengthen my batteries. 1/4-, 5/16, 3/8 diameter, and 1/8, or 1/4 thickness depending on your needs. They have low resistance and work exceedingly well...