another "whateverfire" explosion.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheap ebay single 18650 light with a somethingfire(yes this is what he said) battery.
local fd guy took it to examine.blew off the tailcap while the light was in use.
i will try to get pics and the link it was purchased from to make sure everyone knows what happened.nobody got hurt.will have to open up the wall to get the tailcap though.went through the drywall like a bullet.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
cheap ebay single 18650 light with a somethingfire(yes this is what he said) battery.
local fd guy took it to examine.blew off the tailcap while the light was in use.
i will try to get pics and the link it was purchased from to make sure everyone knows what happened.nobody got hurt.will have to open up the wall to get the tailcap though.went through the drywall like a bullet.

How's everyone?

markr6

Flashaholic
Craziness! Interested in a pic of the drywall...it's always amazing to see how much velocity these flying objects get.

I got my first Ultrafire battery with a laser pointed I just purchased. Discarded it immediately. It even felt cheap and sketchty, not to be trusted.

ZNickey

Newly Enlightened
Hope everyone is OK.

On eCig forums, it seems like an almost bi-weekly event that you hear of catastrophic failures with anything containing "fire" in the end...which I suppose is ironically suiting.

On the flipside, you almost never hear about Panasonic cells failing.

The problem is that a lot of people new to any hobby that involves using high-density lithium batteries seems to not understand the factors at play at first. To them, the cost of two Panasonic NCRs are more than a small lot of XXXXfires, and they see them as the same...and based on what they know about alkaline batteries, the cheaper batteries are simply the same thing, more or less, minus a little running life. They don't realize that there is a massive safety difference nor do they realize that the more expensive batteries are cheaper in the long run due to them lasting longer and having a significantly longer service life. It's the same case with eneloop vs. other AA/AAA/etc...

Redhat703

Enlightened
My friend bought one of the xxxFire flashlight that comes with a xxxFire 18650 battery and a charger for less than $20. I will have to show him this thread though :)

Latest posts