Panasonic 18650B doesnt fit Zebralight H600w

conrincon

Newly Enlightened
too small.
I thought about putting some syntetic oil, but I may not be able to take it out anymore.
Have you solved that issue? Have any ideas?
M

LEDburn

Enlightened
It would help if you were more specific with your information:

Is it a bare cell (green) or has it got a third party wrapper on it?
Is it protected or not?
Is the light in question the original H600w or the recently released H600w Mk2?

I have the original H600 (mine's a neutral-floody) and I also have some protected 18650B at home which have clear shrink wrapping so you can still see the green cell..these are fairly common AFAIK.
Anyway, I have no issues with fit. Some cells are a little tighter than others but there is absolutely no force required to insert or remove them. One or two will displace the air inside the light and make a vacuum but a little shake has it out with relative ease.
The only concern I have is overal length being a bit long due to the added protection circuit so just stick with my 3100mAh AW brand cells for the H600 and use the others in my Predator which fits everything I have tried and still has a slight rattle!

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Well I have a Mark II coming in the mail along with 4 green pana NCR18650B (unportected) flat-tops and was told by 3 people I think that it should be fine (in one of the H600 II threads). In what way does it not fit, I'm not quite getting what your saying about the oil? If its too short then would a small magnet make it long enough? I hope they fit and I dont have to fiddle with mine.

conrincon

Newly Enlightened
It would help if you were more specific with your information:

Is it a bare cell (green) or has it got a third party wrapper on it?
Is it protected or not?
Is the light in question the original H600w or the recently released H600w Mk2?

I have the original H600 (mine's a neutral-floody) and I also have some protected 18650B at home which have clear shrink wrapping so you can still see the green cell..these are fairly common AFAIK.
Anyway, I have no issues with fit. Some cells are a little tighter than others but there is absolutely no force required to insert or remove them. One or two will displace the air inside the light and make a vacuum but a little shake has it out with relative ease.
The only concern I have is overal length being a bit long due to the added protection circuit so just stick with my 3100mAh AW brand cells for the H600 and use the others in my Predator which fits everything I have tried and still has a slight rattle!

I have four of them. Not third party. They are green with a transparent plastic around.
They are protected, which makes them .2mm wider.
Light is H600w MKii, newest.

The problem is that they are too wide. If i push hard, they come in, but I dont dare to do that, since I may not be able to extract them. However, unprotected Panasonic 3100 fit perfectly.

M.

conrincon

Newly Enlightened
Protected NCR18650B are too wide. I dont know about length, I havent checked, since they are too wide to fit.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are green with a transparent plastic around.
can You give a pic?

sounds like a green shrink layer + an additional transparent layer?
--> get the transparent one off ...

... often it is enough to get the label sticker off

markr6

Flashaholic
Personally I think Zebralights are a great opportunity to use unprotected cells, which also reduces the chance of any fit issues.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem with protected, all my new batts are bare, all my lights had internal low voltage protection and using a good charger you dont have to be worry about it...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

dss_777

Enlightened
I've had good luck with the AW 3400mAh fitting into the ZL H600. IIRC, the AW protected cells seem to be the smallest in both dimensions.

Personally, I'd rather go with all protected cells since various lights and other devices that use them differ in whether they have low-voltage protection. One less battery type to keep track of.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right. Wish I would have known before purchasing 8 protected cells.

You can easily remove the aftermarket outer wrapper and protection PCB. If you're only using them in single cell flashlights with voltage protection like the H600, no problem. Just do it carefully to ensure that the original Panasonic wrapper remains intact/undamaged.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I need more info about this because I am very interested in this light and plan on using the green panasonic 18650b battery

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Personally I think Zebralights are a great opportunity to use unprotected cells, which also reduces the chance of any fit issues.

Well thats what I was thinking. I'm sure it might change in the future but so far all I have that uses 18650 is the ZL. But the 3400mAh (unprotected, flat top) ones at only about $9 each was a hard deal to pass on (amazon, 4 / 36.99). I just hope they're not fakes or something. Anyhow I can report they fit and work fine with my new H600w mkII...

IMG_6180-640_zpsea693344.jpg

Last edited:

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
edit:

the protected relabeled Panasonic button tops & they are fatter than standard 18650's. I have never used the branded unprotected panasonics.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I use the button tops, unprotected. Totally unnecessary in the H600 but still a nice fit.

Flashlight Enthusiast
fyi

zebralight protected 3400 are panasonic ncr they fit h600 and h600 mark II fine

in the 600 fits easy, in the 600MKII it is like an air piston, tight but goes in

so, if a panasonic 18650 won't fit it must be how they wrapped it or added protection