y260

Enlightened
New nitecore light:

r78q.jpg

Is someone challenging the PD35? :D

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
"long throw distance". really now. the problem with nitecore is the overzealous marketing-speak throwing out things like "nano crystal coating tech", "portable tactical power", and a bunch of silly acronyms like PDOT, etc.

anyway i expect this to have a multi-stage stepdown pattern similar to P16

just like the fenix though the UI prevents you from pre-selecting the output before turn-on. in other words the UI sucks :D (but i'm sure the NC/fenix fans would disagree)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this light doesn't step down from the highest mode, then I may sell my PD35 and get this instead. Now the tint on my PD32UE is too nice not to keep.

well of course it does! the laws of physics have to be obeyed :D if you really want a small(ish) light that doesn't do the traditional dumb timer stepdown get the Zebralight SC600 Mk2 L2 it's got thermal control so it dynamically adjusts output depending on how good your cooling is

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double the cd, and 66% more throw than the similarly-sized SRT5 from Nitecore. It's a few mm longer, but is that all that's needed for such a big boost? If it lives up to specs, 12000+cd with an XM-L2 in such a slim package is a verrry nice trend!

markr6

Flashaholic
Hopefully there's a pocket clip or else that thing will roll like a wheel!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes with a "Titanium plated stainless steel clip" and a tactical ring.

:faint: Don't know why but I fell in love with the design instantly.

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like a cylinder in the pic above, but on their website, there's an octagonal lug encircling the light right behind the head, that would be the anti-roll mechanism. Although the lug ruins the awesome lines

edit: nevermind, you can see it in the pic above, although it's disguised by the shadow so you have to look closely!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
"long throw distance". really now. the problem with nitecore is the overzealous marketing-speak throwing out things like "nano crystal coating tech", "portable tactical power", and a bunch of silly acronyms like PDOT, etc.

anyway i expect this to have a multi-stage stepdown pattern similar to P16

just like the fenix though the UI prevents you from pre-selecting the output before turn-on. in other words the UI sucks :D (but i'm sure the NC/fenix fans would disagree)

OT but you just made me wonder if "lossless" orange peel reflector is really something, or also just marketing speak with that.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's creative about P12 is throw. Over 12 klux/1m from tiny reflector is a stunning result, it's 50% better than PD35. With decent modes it looks like a threat to my EC2 XP-G2 ;)

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Ahh I see the octagonal part now for anti-roll. Good enough. And it does come with a clip.

I think featuring the 2600mAh battery is strange though. Feel like this was taken in 1998.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's creative about P12 is throw. Over 12 klux/1m from tiny reflector is a stunning result, it's 50% better than PD35. With decent modes it looks like a threat to my EC2 ;)

I am in strong agreement. In a light this size, this is better than xp-g level throw with xm-l level output. This is the first light on my "will probably buy" list in a long time. I can see how, if you don't care much about changing the bar on throw on an XM-L-based light this size, you might not be impressed overall

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only concern is length - 139mm is a lot for a flashlight with such tiny reflector (EC2 is 99mm long).

@markr6
2600mAh is still decent capacity.