250 lumens - 3 hours
100 lumens - 5 hours 40 minutes
15 lumens - 36 hour

Modes with diffuser:
200 lumens - 3 hours
85 lumens - 5 hours 40 minutes
12 lumens - 36 hour

Review

The H15S Wave is a new headlamp from Olight and one of the few they make. It is the updated version of the H15 Wave. I believe it is named Wave because of the wave motion that activates or turns off the headlamp. In my opinion a real luck hit and works fantastic!

In practical you perform a wave motion with your arm in front of the light and the IR-sensors turns the light on or off.
The light is equipped with the new XM-L2 from Cree that on max delivers 250 lumens for 3 hours, enough illumination for dark environments.
The reflector is of orange peel type and the light also has a diffuser which makes the lumens more eye-friendly and widen. Without the diffuser the beam has more throw. The diffusor is controlled with a button on the bottom of the lamp head.

The light is powered by either the included Olight rechargeable Li-Ion or 4xAAA, they are placed in a plastic holder on the head band and this holder may be one of the weak sides of the headlamp. It feels plastic and long term use of the lock-system of that holder is questionable.

The power button is red and placed on top of the light.
The interface is very simple and follows one change per click.
Off – High – Medium- Low - Off

The material is black painted plastic and it feels good.
The light feels good on the head and the weight is no problem even for long-term use. Using the included Li-Ion you cut the battery weight in half compared to 4xAAA.

The included Li-Ion battery is charged with an included USB-cable and the battery has a small charging diod.

In the package you get the Li-Ion battery, USB-cable, extra top-head band and a manual.

Beam profile and Outdoor shots
- 80 yards

H15S%20Beamprofile.JPG

Beam profile - 1/20sec, f4.5, ISO200

H15S%20Midnight.JPG

Light turned off - 1,3sec, f4.5, ISO200

H15S%20High.JPG

High 250 lumens - 1,3sec, f4.5, ISO200

Summary

The night shots are taken with the diffusor off for more lumens and throw and it performs well.
You won't need more lumens for the most common tasks. A great buy!

Pros:
Wave-motion
Diffuser
Battery options

Cons:
The plastic holder

Regards
NordicFlash

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Great review with nice pics! :)

I´ve got a question about the H15S. Can one deactivate the Wave-sensor by choice and operate the light by using the button only?

Nordicflash

Newly Enlightened

Yes you can! I forgot to write it down in the review sorry!
You deactivate it like this I quote from the manual

"With the light already on, press and hold the red switch until the light blinks. The Wave Operation is now disabled. Once the light is turned off and back again the Wave Operation will be re-activated."

:)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Yes you can! I forgot to write it down in the review sorry!
You deactivate it like this I quote from the manual

"With the light already on, press and hold the red switch until the light blinks. The Wave Operation is now disabled. Once the light is turned off and back again the Wave Operation will be re-activated."

:)

That is good to know that the wave function can be disabled or activated by choice by the user, to suit any given situation.