• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:Superbulb For Maglite C and D cell!!! Version 2.0<------

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL SOLD:Superbulb For Maglite C and D cell!!! Version 2.0<------

Hi Everyone,

EDIT: This version is currently sold out. Version 3.0 is under development. Thanks everyone.

Hey everyone. First and second run can be found here

WELCOME TO 2.0

Lets just cut to the chase>>>>>>>>>

BOOOM!

So what is better about version 2.0?

>More heat sinking than ever before.
Each bulb is now dedicated C or D to for a perfect fit.

>New MOP reflector for a softer beam.
The smooth beam with a good balance of hot spot and spill.

>Simple easy to use interface.
Standard UI in all dropins is now 3 L,M,H with memory mode that ANYONE can use, further increasing the ability for friends and family members to share out love of super bright flashlights

>Best of all NEW LOWER PRICE!!!
$99>$89>$79 :eek:

>Shipping is now FREE!!

v64y.jpg

9ps7.jpg

uydr.jpg

mksl.jpg

Here is a clip from the original thread if you have not seen this before.

If your reading this thread then like me you appreciate the fine looks and good quality of a Maglite host. Maglites are some of the most durable and brightly colored hosts on earth.

That said most of you know there is room for some improvement in the out put area. The world is not short of "upgrades" for maglite, but many of these have a disappointing output, can require significant modification to the mag host, require special batteries, and many cost several hundred dollars :mad:.

Today Adventure Sport Flashlights™ recognizes these issues and has answered the call to create something better.

The Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ drop-in addresses all of these issues. This piece of technology was countless hours in development, but worth every moment.

These bulbs are a perfect fit for both C or D maglites, and use requires no modification of the light, special skills or any tools. It takes any 3-4 cell Mag ( with C/D in the serial number) and transforms it into a wall of fire in less than 60 seconds.

Furthermore because of its ease of use this bulb transcends the boundaries and walls of typical flashaholic use. Its an exceptional choice for family and friends with no in depth knowledge of traditional super lights. To further encompass all of our fellow man in the thrill of bleeding edge technology, best of all the Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ requires NO SPECIAL BATTERIES OR CHARGERS!!

Yes, of course NIMH cells are going to be more cost effective and drive the bulb better, but the point is you can still use alkalines if you really want to :)
maglitedropin006.jpg

Here is the 60 second install.
http://youtu.be/7mxFSUOaFPU

Output summary.

Dummy C and D cells now available. These cells will enable Superbulbs to be used in larger mags.For example 6 D cell mag with 4 NIMH cells and 2 dummy.

Cells are AA to C/D adapters with an aluminum core.

Both C and D Bulbs are currently
AVAILABLE
Both C and D Dummy cellsare currently AVAILABLE

Emitter choices are as follows.

XML2 U2 Cool White 6500K
XML2 T6 Neutral white 5000K
XML2 S6 90+ CRI Warm White 2900K

Price for bulbs is

1 x $79 EDIT:
2 x $69 each
3 + $59 each

Dummy C or D cells are $4 each with the purchase of any bulb. ALL BULBS ARE SOLD OUT

World wide shipping is FREE!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

Rexlion

Enlightened
Re: FS: Superbulb For Maglite C and D cell!!! Version 2.0<------

Hi Matt, let me be the first to welcome your newest run of dropins with an order of 1 WARM WHITE for my purty blue 4D host. Paypal en route. :D PTL!

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks phenomenal!!! I like the incan vs. LED comparison shot haha

tjhabak

Enlightened

Will the D cell model fit in an older pre-D Mag body? If not, have you ever considered making a run that will? Thanks, Tom

Rexlion

Enlightened

Will the D cell model fit in an older pre-D Mag body? If not, have you ever considered making a run that will? Thanks, Tom
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "pre-D body"? Either it takes D cells or it doesn't.....? :confused:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the support guys.

tj, these will only fit the new mags. Right now I have no plan on making a bulb for the older version. I dont even have one myself anymore:D

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "pre-D body"? Either it takes D cells or it doesn't.....? :confused:

At some point in the 90s I think it was mag added the letter "D" or "C" to the first part of the serial number of each light. Lights that were made before this time had a larger body diameter, slightly different switch and the head depth was also different.

thundertree

Enlightened

:paypal: from thundertree for:

Superbulb #1 as we discussed with XML2 U2 Cool White 6500K

(Unique Transaction ID # 4DN86308WW609750D)

Much thanks!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rexlion and thundertree I have both your payments. Rex I have ordered some of the warm and neutral LEDs now.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

How many amps does this setup pull on each setting?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

~3a on high, That's good. Means it'd be safe to use on protected lithium rechargables. Also puts it into consideration for a swap i'm thinking of. Man I need a second job. lol.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another question. I saw that the older revisions had a much larger reflector. Did that offer a tighter hotspot and greater throw? And if so is there an option to get the larger reflector with the newer guts?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

The old version did have a bit tighter hot spot to it. I'm not really running those anymore, but if you would like to have a thrower with a tight hot spot I could put a de-domed LED in one for ya. This would significantly increase the throw.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rexlion your module shipped today.

thundertree yours has also shipped.

Warm an neutrals are now in stock.

tjhabak

Enlightened

PP sent for C drop in with Hi CRI 2900K S6 tint! Thanks! Tom

Rexlion

Enlightened

Got my warm drop-in today. The yellowy beam is like an incan on steroids. :D

Maybe you should consider offering an upgraded lens as an optional item. I felt kind of bad about putting that cheap plastic lens back in with this nice emitter!

Last edited: