Shadow VG-10?

Illuminated

Enlightened
This Shadow VG-10 has piqued my interest, but I can't seem to find much info other than what's on the website.

Has anyone here seen/bought/used one? I'd like to know more before making any decisions.

Thanks -

John

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
I realize this might be a little late but here's my opinion of the Shadow VG-10. I have two of them that I got from Customlites and I'm very pleased with them! I'm a photographer/videographer and I was looking for flashlights that would work well on camera and match the color temp of my light kits. I got one in the 3000k hi CRI with matches perfectly with my Arri fresnels and one in 5000k to work well with HMI's or other daylight sources. I'm very happy with them. I was a little hesitant to buy a brand I'd never heard of but I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality! Very nice! 3 well spaced modes with no visible PWM so it doesn't freak out ever a Red Epic camera at any frame rates I've used. I wish it had some knurling because it is a little slick and a coated lens would be nice but they are great for the purpose I bought them for and I've grown to enjoy the warm tinted one for other uses as well.

Last edited:

lwknight

Enlightened
From what I see in the picture, the vg10 is the same thing as the vg20 except for 1 cell vs 2 cell. I have the vg20 and its OK but you cannot run it on high very long at all before its so hot that you can't touch it.

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
I think the VG-20 is slightly different but not in any meaningful way. Yeah, my VG -10's can get pretty toasty but i figured that was a sign that the heats inking was working well. I don't run it on high for a really long time though because I figure if it starts feeling hot to the touch, it's probably not great for what's inside. I am no expert though!

ven

Flashaholic
They look very similar to the convoy m1/m2 and roche f8 i have,very similar also available in different tint options from warm to cool.

convoy m2 4c tint and roche f8 cool white in middle

Both great lights but cost around 20-$25 each