I think we need a showdown/ review !

gsteve

Enlightened
There is so many new EDC types out there.. pd 32 , pd 35 , p12 , t200... on and on. I think these are about the most popular lights going. Id love to see a shoot out featuring all these amazing light. Is there one out there?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, there isn't one. Two of them are brand new models, first P12's will be shipped next week so noone got one yet.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I agree! I also want´s to see a showdown which is the king of the pocket rockets. The Nitecore P12 looks like it has a great potential to be a candidate to the throne but so far i have not seen actual beamshots of it yet. I hope we can see a side by side comparison on these lights mentioned.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm eagerly awaiting reviews of the top one-inch-ish diameter (both head & body) lights. This is my most-often size light when I carry at night. I've been hungering for a little more throw from the XM-Ls, though obviously I understand the physical challenges...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tired Fonarik? Biggest shootout I know of and they often get test samples before lights hit the market; they even have the TK76...

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Have you tired Fonarik? Biggest shootout I know of and they often get test samples before lights hit the market; they even have the TK76...

Thank´s for the link! :)

I did not think about Fonarik,yet i have visited the website before.The PD35 at highest mode sure looks impressing. I'm keeping my eyes on this site for updates.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Hmm it would have to be broken into categories, some people dont mind EDC'ing 1000 lumen 18650's while for others a single AA is too big. My current EDC is a Zebralight H52w the most versatile light I've ever owned. Small single AA will run on anything, alkaline, NiMH, lithium, Li-ion. 280 lumen / eneloop and 500 lumen / 14500, though the ratings are a bit overstated. Also works well as a headlamp though I dont EDC the headband unless I plan on using it ahead of time for something.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
DIΩDΣ;4329569 said:
Hmm it would have to be broken into categories, some people dont mind EDC'ing 1000 lumen 18650's while for others a single AA is too big. My current EDC is a Zebralight H52w the most versatile light I've ever owned. Small single AA will run on anything, alkaline, NiMH, lithium, Li-ion. 280 lumen / eneloop and 500 lumen / 14500, though the ratings are a bit overstated. Also works well as a headlamp though I dont EDC the headband unless I plan on using it ahead of time for something.

For me i think the limit in length for an EDC light is 10 cm like my Olight S20-L2 which I carry clipped to my front pocket of my pants. If a light is longer than so I would not EDC it. I would like owning a Fenix PD35 or a Nitecore P12, but I would not use them as EDC lights since I think they are to big for pocket carry imo. If so I would carry it in the pocket of a parkas.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me i think the limit in length for an EDC light is 10 cm like my Olight S20-L2 which I carry clipped to my front pocket of my pants. If a light is longer than so I would not EDC it. I would like owning a Fenix PD35 or a Nitecore P12, but I would not use them as EDC lights since I think they are to big for pocket carry imo. If so I would carry it in the pocket of a parkas.

I own both the 32 and 35,agree the 35 is no edc light.On turbo the 35 is really bright.Do not under estimate the LD41 either,looks are not my cup of tea but it lights up areas better than you may think and i think i will have to buy one.:)

Last edited: