• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Must Read & Agree, Warranty, Lumen & Lux #s, DriverVN2, PDT, Insurance

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]MUST READ AND AGREE TO TERMS OF SALE BEFORE PURCHASE[/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2]TERMS OF SALE (PDF FILE LINK CLICK HERE)[/h][h=2]Email for alternative Terms Of Sale viewing format [/h][h=2][email protected][/h]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GENERAL SAFETY [/FONT]

1. Do not run V54 lights unattended. It doesn't matter which modes you are in. If you plan to run the light unattended, do not buy my Sky Lumen lights.
  2. Do not allow kids or someone uninformed to use Sky Lumen lights. This is an example of using the light unattended.
  3. You must monitor the heat of the light with your bare hands during operation. If the light becomes too hot to hold at the hottest area then you must turn down 1 or more level or OFF for the light to cool down. The hottest area is usually around the head of the light.
  4. No CR123A in any of my lights unless I say it's OK. If you are unsure what batteries are OK to use please email me.
  5. SKYLUMEN PRODUCTS ARE NOT FOR MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. By purchasing the products within the seller's site, you acknowledge and agree that you are over the age of 18, and that you have read and understand the safety guidelines under the Purchase Agreement and the Terms of Sale available on the Site. You also agree that you will not allow a minor access to the use of SkyLumen products, and that in the event you do, you shall solely be responsible for any injuries or damages suffered by leaving the product "unattended" as defined in the Terms of Sale.
[FONT=&quot]SHIPPING INSURANCE POLICY[/FONT]

1. To keep overall costs low shipping insurance is optional. Purchase Insurance Click Here.
  2. If you do not buy Shipping Insurance and your item is lost or damaged by the post office we Sky Lumen not held responsible.
[FONT=&quot]WARRANTY[/FONT]

1. Every flashlight purchase will come with a WC (Warranty Card).‎
  2. Every WC will have the light details and the light DOB (Date of Birth).
  3. Every flashlight purchase will have a 6 months warranty starting on the DOB and the following terms apply.
  4. The light can be returned for a full refund within the first 2 weeks of possession if the light is still in receiving condition. Exchanges or repairs are optional.
  5. After 2 weeks of possession refunds is not allowed. Exchanges or repairs will only take place for defective items.
  6. During the first 3 months I will cover your return shipping costs for exchanges or repairs if I am at fault. After 3 months you cover your return shipping costs.
  7. If the light is defective due to my modifications I will exchange or repair at my costs.
  8. If the light is defective due to the manufacturer's fault I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.
  9. If the light failed because you broke it I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.
  10. After warranty period ends you are responsible for all repair costs.
  11. Must provide a picture of WC and or DOB for warranty services if we request it.
  12. Warranty of the light stays with the WC and is transferable to as many owners as desired.
  13. If a WC is lost there will be a $5 replacement fee.
  14. Extended Warranty Purchase Click Here
  15. Please check with me first before you open up the light in a way more than necessary to change batteries. Otherwise your warranty could be void.
[FONT=&quot]FAQ[/FONT]

1. What is Fiat Lux? It is a hand selected sample that is best of the bunch. Usually has a great beam, tint or great body and head aligned fitment. Fiat Lux is not something you can order. It's a light that is for occasional sales only.
  2. What is Dedome? It is a removal of the clear dome on top on the LED die to reduce beam angle thus increasing throw. ~10-20% lumen loss, ~ double beam intensity, temperature will be about 1000K-1500K lower than Dome on, yield a more neutral/yellow/greenish tint.
  3. DriverVN & DriverVNX Instruction Click Here
  4. What is Premium Dedome Tine (PDT)? This is a hand pick LED that dedome with the least amount of green, and yellow in the tint. Factory LEDs usually dedome with a very noticeable green tint. PDT ~ 5000-5500K cooler neutral.
  5. Beam Shots Details: Nikon D7000, 17mm FL, F4, 1/2 Sec, ISO500
  6. The "R" at the end of the tittle = Highly Recommended

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vinhnguyen54 General Info Must Read

maybe add your paypal email?

for some reason I have sent you countless payments but always forget it :)

Disciple

Enlightened

1. Never run any of my lights unattended
  2. Do not allow kids or someone uninformed to use my lights

I realize this is a general post but I'd appreciate clarification on these points. 1. Are you saying not to leave one of your lights in any mode unattended, such as using a moonlight mode as a night light? 2. Doesn't that depend on the light? The D40Avn I played with seemed perfectly normal, by which I mean running it on High for a while (it steps down from Turbo) didn't make it more than warm. Are you saying there is specific additional risk with a moderately boosted light such as this? It seems to me that there is on the surface a vast difference between e.g. D40Avn and Eye40vn and that they should be treated differently; no?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

1. Any mode that will make a light too hot to hold bare hands are obviously not to be used without holding it. A mode such as moonlight will not get to hot to hold bare hands thus is ok to run without holding the light.

Additionally, I advise not to run my lights unattended, as it could increase the risk of someone uninformed (or a kid) using the light inappropriately when you are not present.

Disciple

Enlightened

Let me be more specific: the D40Avn doesn't appear to get too hot to hold in any mode so what's the risk in leaving it unattended? (Other than theft! ;)) Do your warnings still apply to this light?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Let me be more specific: the D40Avn doesn't appear to get too hot to hold in any mode so what's the risk in leaving it unattended? (Other than theft! ;)) Do your warnings still apply to this light?

Yes. My warnings apply to all the lights I sell. I strongly believe that any high powered LED flashlight modded or not should not be run unattended. The D40Avn specifically qualifies as a high powered LED flashlight. How you chose to run your lights is of course your choice :)

Some of the risks I foresee in running a light unattended are:
- Heat issues
- Batteries chemistry combustion
- Unauthorized access
- Over discharge of cells
- Circuitry failure causing a combustion

Last edited:

Disciple

Enlightened

Okay, I'll be sure to pass those warnings along to my father, assuming we make the deadline.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the seattle craigs list paypal defunct? I just payed for something there yesterday LOL

Bullyson

Enlightened

I was about to ask this same question lol. I mean obviously you're getting my payments but after reading this I wasn't sure I was being a pain in the *** or not.

Xmldriver

Enlightened
Vinhnguyen54 General Info Must Read

Great mods, great service AND great prices?! Doesn't get much better than this!

Psychonaut

Newly Enlightened

Perhaps you could include a link in the list to what a burn-in is and what it's consequences are (was asked some times in your threads).

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

do you not do custom P60 orders anymore? I'm asking out of curiosity (don't need any more... for now ;)) but I saw your drop-in thread is now locked. :/

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

do you not do custom P60 orders anymore? I'm asking out of curiosity (don't need any more... for now ;)) but I saw your drop-in thread is now locked. :/

Complete accident. I just unlocked it.