SureFire EB2 Clicky Question / Sheath & Clip

hcd615

Enlightened
Now that it is getting darker where I live at 5:00pm (EDT) I want to start carrying my EB2 and keep the E1B or my EB1 as a backup in car or bag. I find the clip on the EB2 a bit annoying. Has anyone switched the clip on their EB2 to the LX2 clip? Can it be done, how is it with the different clip or is there another idea to carry. The last few days I have been carrying it in a Ripoff Holster. Just read about a Raven Clip for 1" body diameter SF lights. Anyone use that clip? Any ideas or photos of other carry options would be great. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

I had a few extra two-way clips that are on the EB1 so I put it on my EB2. I will see how that is. I think I just don't like the original clip because it is so long.

IMG_4396_zps42e99a8b.jpg

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire only has one size of the "long" 2-way pocket clip so the one that came with your EB2 is already the same as what's found on the LX2, A2L, E2DL Ultra, and E2L-A. The Raven Concealment clip is pretty slick but I have only seen it for the 1" lights (as you mentioned) which would make it too large to work at the tail of the EB2.

When used with a holster, particularly nylon ones, the pocket clip can be a problem if (when) it snags on a seam. As far as SureFire holsters are concerned, the EB2 fits pretty well in the open-bottom nylon 6P holsters such as the V21. This holster was once listed for use with the A2 and L1 and features a tapered bottom which would keep the smaller light from falling out. Newer ones seem to be slightly larger at the top but I have an older V21-OD that fits the EB2 extremely well. The V91 nylon holster was designed for the U2 and also fits the EB2 very well, although the flap is about 1" longer than it needs to be for the smaller head on the EB2. The V25 is currently listed for use with the L4 so it may be a candidate but I don't have one here to try.

The leather SureFire holsters designed for the 6R and/or 9P can also work (V16, V17, and V18). Although they are designed for 1" lights the retention device in these holsters still gets enough grip on the EB2 body to hold it fairly securely. They are about 1" longer than needed and are discontinued but you can still find them (usually marked down) from some retailers. The leather holsters designed for the 6P are too short and will allow accidental activation due to the tailcap striking the bottom of the holster.

Last edited: